corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tattoo Day - Advice

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tattoo Day - Advice
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 10 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always had an image in my mind of the Tattoo I want but I can't find it anywhere or draw it properly.

Basically I want a crashing wave, in colour, blues and whites from my annkle to my little toe - my whole life is about water, boats, windsurfing and I love being by the water even though I live in the middle of the country. I've had this image in my mind forever and now the missus and I have broken up, I want to do soemthing for me and I think getting this tattoo would be a good start. I'm either bare footed or wear reefs (sandles) all the time, so it would always be on show but for work, its easy to cover up by wearing shoes!

Any advice or ideas would be appreciated!

[Edited on 22-06-2010 by LiVe LeE]
Budgie

22nd Jun 10 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like youve got most of it covered, just talk to the tattooist and tell them what you want.
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are foot tattoo's painful, or particularly painful compared to say a root canal which took 1hr30 to have done?
Neo

22nd Jun 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tattoo's aren't painful at all, it becomes really quite soothing after a while, especially as you'd be having a lot of shading and colouring !

Outline is the worst and on a bone is pretty terrible though, but its not bad for long at all !
bubble

22nd Jun 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Are foot tattoo's painful, or particularly painful compared to say a root canal which took 1hr30 to have done?

depends on what your feet are like.

if your skin and bones, it will hurt, if you have a bit of fat itll be less painful.

worth it though
gravesy

22nd Jun 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1) Tattoos on feet will hurt - is it your first tattoo?
2) Do you want it stylised or realistic? Have you seen any Hokusai stuff? Great that you've got an idea in your head. Like Budgie says sit down with a tattooist and go through it with them. Take as much reference material as you can.

Post photos when you're done
jibjob

22nd Jun 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excuse the size of the photos they are linked from google.
You could go for something like this with the colour and design.

Or if you changed your mind and fancied shading instead of colour you could go for the reverse of it and have something like this

As said though it depends on the style you want but just browse tattoo websites and search for waves and then just blend it together in your head so you now what you want then either get a mate to draw it or as has been said get a tattoo artist to do it. Most places will do it for free.
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be my first tattoo yeah, The Hakusai "Great wave", the one in the top photo JibJob posted is almost there, but not quite right, too much white, not enough blue on the main wave, and the breakers arn't pronounced enough for what's in my head

[Edited on 22-06-2010 by LiVe LeE]
Budgie

22nd Jun 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its gonna be a long sitting then i recommend eating before hand and taking some energy drinks would be useful.

also i would go with an outline 1st then go back for colouring when healed
bubble

22nd Jun 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Budgie
if its gonna be a long sitting then i recommend eating before hand and taking some energy drinks would be useful.

also i would go with an outline 1st then go back for colouring when healed

thats the worse advice ever!!

having a tattoo done with a high blood sugar level is silly, your more likely to pass out if your dosed up on sugar.

outline then let it heal and go back for colouring?! no! doing that means that your skin heals then gets scarred again, this can make outline look wobbly.

best advice is to drink water before, during and after, have no caffeine based products, dont smoke either, and relax when its being done.
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 15:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been browsing

but definately not like this
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 15:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't want an outline though, well not a black one, I wan't just the colours and kind of blending out to the edges
Budgie

22nd Jun 10 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was just saying two sittings if it gonna be a big piece. otherwise you'll just be bleeding feck loads.

i had a monster before a 2hour sesh and water during and i personally felt better the 1st half.
bubble

22nd Jun 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I don't want an outline though, well not a black one, I wan't just the colours and kind of blending out to the edges

youll need an outline of some sort dude, without outlines, the tattoo will go funny, im trying to explain it without sounding daft, but the outline holds the ink in place where the colour goes
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 15:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can the outline not be in the same colour though? Doesn't have to be black does it?
Shell
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 15:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lee, the best piece of advice I can think of is first of all find a good tattoo artist. That is the best step you can take. Most good places will allow for you to go in for maybe a good 15 minute consultation about what you'd like etc, then they can come up with a design for you. If you don't like it, say what you'd like changed etc and then go from there. Take LOADS of pictures of what you are looking for as well. I love that back piece with the waves, it's done really well. You might find that the foot is too small to achieve what you are looking for though, so try and find foot pictures.
Shell
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 15:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
can the outline not be in the same colour though? Doesn't have to be black does it?

Of course it can, doesn't have to black at all. Like the back piece you showed, it has a blue outline by the looks of it.
bubble

22nd Jun 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

doesnt have to be black no, it can be any colour as long as the outline is done.
RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 15:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, that's fine - just need to sort in my head exactly what I want - try and give it a rough sketch and take it from there - who did your's Bubble? Would you recommend them for colour tatoos?
bubble

22nd Jun 10 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
cool, that's fine - just need to sort in my head exactly what I want - try and give it a rough sketch and take it from there - who did your's Bubble? Would you recommend them for colour tatoos?

one of my friends does it its his job.

check my garage and he has done my sleeve, i have seen his colour stuff, and its awesome.

RichR
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not incredible ink in Milton is it?
bubble

22nd Jun 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its not incredible ink in Milton is it?

nope. runs it from his house

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tattoo Day - Advice 23 database queries in 0.0136139 seconds