corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » XE battery problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author XE battery problem
Jakey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 10 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically the battery on my XE Nova keeps dying randomly. Drove down to PVS fine, started it everyday fine. Went home Sunday, went to start it monday and nothing. Got it jump started, drove it round, went back to it an hour later, still fine. Went to it the following day and nothing again. Batterys charging fine with running and fine if you start it an hour or so later, but when its left 12+ hours, theres nothing.

Any other similar problems with XE corsas or novas?
scottyp1989

22nd Jun 10 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would just say its a shaged battery mate, either that or there is something on that is slowley draining your battery
Jakey
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 18:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what i though but can't find anything. Plus it's only started in the last week.
jibjob

22nd Jun 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suprisingly mine is the same I can go out and start it now after leaving it 6 hours but if i go to work and leave it 8 hours its dead. Ive got a spare battery if you want to try that mate. Either that or youve got a live feed somewhere thats permanently on.
Jakey
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might just by a new battery anyway.

Like i said though, it only started when i came from PV and i haven't done anything to it since :S
jibjob

22nd Jun 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You rechecked all your earths? Checked the output from the alternator? Id say its either knackered battery so its losing its charge or youve loosened a wire or connection.
Jakey
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah been round them all, found the odd loose one but they seemed to be fine. Checked alt. connections and there solid.
SportBoy

22nd Jun 10 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel pump relay has been known to cause this problem irrc
Jakey
Premium Member

22nd Jun 10 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gonna sound a little stupid but it's a carb shell with injection tank and pump. Where will the relay be found?
Jakey
Premium Member

24th Jun 10 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still doing it. Ive got a feeling something is staying live when i turn the car off and take the key out. I've just got no idea what it could be?

Any ideas??
jibjob

24th Jun 10 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked the alternator belt mate? I found out why mines been doing it. I had snapped the bolt that holds the bracket onto the block. So the belt is on and the alternator spins so it charges but not enough to keep the battery charged for a long time. So i can leave it for a short while and it will still start but any longer than about 4 hours and it wont have enough charge to start. Might be worth checking the voltage coming from the alternator over a period to see if it fluctuates or see if the belt grips the pulley properly.
Jakey
Premium Member

25th Jun 10 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bottom pulley does wobble a little but like I've said it's only just started playing up. I'll have a look at the alternator tension but I'm still 90% sure it's something staying live.
gidged500
Premium Member

25th Jun 10 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might sound stupid but maybe your head unit is draining your battery if your battery isnt very good it could be that or if the facia has a light on?
Jakey
Premium Member

25th Jun 10 at 14:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doubt it because I've had 2 different head units in and it's still doing it.
Jakey
Premium Member

27th Jun 10 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anymore ideas?
jibjob

27th Jun 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked the output from the alternator? It might only be giving out a small charge so doesnt keep the battery fully charged for long enough.
alan-g-w

27th Jun 10 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boot light staying on...?
lee_dodd

27th Jun 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem and it was an earth that connected to live

New Poll