corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » To hot to sleep?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author To hot to sleep?
Neo

User status: Offline
28th Jun 10 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gravesy
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Eye'd them up in Maplins the other day but if it works on heat exchange, where does the hot air go?

There's a towel-like bit of fabric with the ends sewn together which rotates round. The bottom of this sits in a reservoir of cold water - mine came with freezer blocks so I bung those in it and fill it up from the tap.

There's a fan which blows the air through the towel. It's like an industrial version of those water spray guns with a fan attached but with less water. The air that gets blown around is cool, the heat goes into heating up that cool air.

I've found mine works best if I have a window behind it open and a window at the other end of the flat open, then it blows the cold air through and has somewhere to escape, and the natural draft helps even more.

Great bits of kit, tend to leave mine on throughout the day and if you turn it on early enough it stops the place from heating up.
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Jun 10 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I'm tempted to invest in an AC unit...
Toshiba ftw Next time the rep comes in to our office I want to ask him if he can get me a high-wall unit on the cheap

I just pull the duvet back a bit and have a fan oscillating. Works a treat

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » To hot to sleep? 24 database queries in 0.0106149 seconds