corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mountain Bike People

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mountain Bike People
James

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 10 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've dusted off my mountain bike. It's a 2006 Specialized Hardrock Pro. This one to be precise:

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/hardrock-pro-2006-mountain-bike-ec013004

I bought it brand new and rode it quite a bit for about 6 months but since 2007 it's sat in the shed and it's still in immaculate condition.

I'm going to send it in for a service. Is there anything I should specifically ask for?

Will the brakes need bleeding? There are 2 niggly things with it at the moment, the back wheel hardly spins (probably just needs greasing) and the chain catches in the metal chainstay thingy in certain gears. Hopefully a service will remedy those.

James

3rd Jul 10 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also.....bike services seem very expensive these days. I was looking at taking it to Evans but it looked like by the time I added the bleeding and parts etc it would be £120+.

Are Evans any good for this sort of thing?
C2RL R

3rd Jul 10 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you up to doing it yourself? if so check youtube for guides on how to service your own bike. there are loads of vids on there so you should find one thats useful.
James

3rd Jul 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I considered that as I used to know quite a bit about it when I was younger. I'll look into it.
jacko198

3rd Jul 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£120! http://www.formbycycles.co.uk/page/21/Service_Repair thats our pricelist, which is what you should be paying.

Brakes shouldnt need bleeding unless they feel like crap, spongey or pull to far. If they are rubbing the caliper might just need aligning.

By front chainstay thing do you mean the front mech (gears?)
James

3rd Jul 10 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Decided to give it a go myself.

Found the following website which is fantastic: http://bicycletutor.com/
antnee

3rd Jul 10 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brakes shouldn't ever need bleeding if they have been bedded in correctly

I get free services and parts at trade Bike mad mates ftw

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mountain Bike People 23 database queries in 0.0108740 seconds