corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » joining the police force

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author joining the police force
Nath

User status: Offline
6th Jul 10 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
quote:
Originally posted by FAZ
alex nsm is an officer isnt she?

anywho anyone got any poointers / advice etc on getting in and training and the lifestlye?

give it to me straight, dont want no PR bullshit to big it up if it is crap, but it does look like a good career

cheers faz

I'm a Special Constable.

U2U any q's if you want mate.

Not sure whats happened to Alex tho. Not seen her on here for ages.

[Edited on 06-07-2010 by Ben J]

Alex is Lynny. Name change.
mwg

6th Jul 10 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cousin left the Army about 18 months ago to join the police. They messed him about big time with all this uncertainty over recruitment dates after he had done the initial tests so he sacked it off in the end and became a Paramedic. Now they've said no or very limited recruiting so he's glad he didn't wait around!
Ben J

6th Jul 10 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Specials are the same as regular Police Officers just volunteer. Are you thinking of PCSO's?

Because PCSO's are just fucking wombles in high vis jackets and caps.

Aren't Specials volunteer whereas PCSO's get 17k a year? hmmm.

Yep...but PCSO's have little power and no weapons to play with.

I'd rather do it for free than be a paid high vis womble.
Colin

6th Jul 10 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might aswell have just bought the uniform & go around at weekends grappling with drunks & tasering them, thats what I done anyway. No one to report to either.
Marc

6th Jul 10 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone see the guy on Road Wars pretending to be a paramedic?
Rob R

6th Jul 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Northumberia may have a few openings coming up.

I'd recommend applying there.

Colin

6th Jul 10 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah bloke in paramedic uniform going about in an astra van

Had previous offences for impersonating emergency services

Was it you
Marc

6th Jul 10 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats the one
FAZ
Premium Member

6th Jul 10 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Last time i looked (last week) zero police forces were recruiting for actual police officers. With the upcoming public sector cuts also I would consider something else.

seems to be the eway nevermind
fir3vip3r

6th Jul 10 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To echo really, no one is recruiting at the moment. Though Im sure the metropolitan will have a big push due to 2012.

But I love the job. You get a lot of haters, but i genuinely like helping people and get a lot of out it. Im not just in for the public order friday and saturday nights.

PCSO is always a good way to go. I know weve just had an intake for them so your local force may recruit!
Some peoples attitudes in this thread towards PCSO's arent exactly enlightened. And IMO they are an invaluable asset!
Ben J

6th Jul 10 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
To echo really, no one is recruiting at the moment. Though Im sure the metropolitan will have a big push due to 2012.

But I love the job. You get a lot of haters, but i genuinely like helping people and get a lot of out it. Im not just in for the public order friday and saturday nights.

PCSO is always a good way to go. I know weve just had an intake for them so your local force may recruit!
Some peoples attitudes in this thread towards PCSO's arent exactly enlightened. And IMO they are an invaluable asset!

I know my attitude to PCSO's is bad, but the ones I seem to come across are muppets. I'm sure iwith decent people in the role they are a great asset.
Welsh Dan

6th Jul 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r

Nope. They've just cancelled the applications of over 1000 who had passed Day 2/Vetting and were waiting on start dates, as theres no money and not as many people were retiring as expected.
oceansoul

6th Jul 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Might aswell have just bought the uniform & go around at weekends grappling with drunks & tasering them, thats what I done anyway. No one to report to either.

Guy i used to hang around with had headlamp flashers in his black Astra, and used to wear a shirt n hi vis etc....pulled over a couple of chavs and gave them "warnings".

lostboy
Banned

6th Jul 10 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a big dislike to PCSO's due to the fact I got handed a section 59 for no reason yes I'm sure you've heard the "I've done nothing wrong officer" thing all the time (my mother hears it all the time too) but me and the other people that got one really had done nothing wrong, it was the dickheads with their 5" exhausts that came in the car park, turned around and shot off bouncing off the rev limiter, imagine 5 cars all with stupidly big exhausts doing that at once.

I tried to argue it (in a polite way) at the cop shop but they weren't interested. So me and some friends got blamed and punished for something we never did even though the cops had no proof, tossers.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » joining the police force 23 database queries in 0.0124471 seconds