corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 206 GTi 130

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 206 GTi 130
sumner2k3

User status: Offline
7th Jul 10 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mite go to look at a 206 gti 130 now which is up for a decent price so before i go to see it im just curious what are they like and how reliable are they and what do they handle like?

i know a few people on here have had them and im sure a few people have driven them so as much info needed as possible

cheers
AndyCorsaSport

7th Jul 10 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Handling will be good, light on the rear end like the saxo's

As for reliability, every car is different, just cause 1 206 might have blown 10 gear boxs, and eaten shafts, doesnt mean they all will. Should be ok if its been looked after.
DannyB
Premium Member

7th Jul 10 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slow cars, very plasticy inside, handling is decent. They are as reliable as the next French car, aslong as you look after it well it will be fine.
N3CRO

7th Jul 10 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had my 206 GTi 138 about 3 months now.

Not really had any problems with it except the exhaust from the cat falling off 2 weeks ago but I think it was the rusty as fuck clamp at fault.

Handles pretty well as standard but can't wait to get some coilovers. I think they're very nippy for what they are.

Most likely you'll have a loud rattle coming from the back, it'll be the crap inside the bootlid, common problem, kida annoying.

Its a french car at the end of the day so expect it to fall to bits a fair bit

[Edited on 07-07-2010 by TheNobleOne]
sumner2k3

7th Jul 10 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne

Not really had any problems with it except the exhaust from the cat falling off 2 weeks ago but I think it was the rusty as fuck clamp at fault.

Handles pretty well as standard but can't wait to get some coilovers. I think they're very nippy for what they are.

Most likely you'll have a loud rattle coming from the back, it'll be the crap inside the bootlid, common problem, kida annoying.

whats yours like on fuel round town then mate if your driving tidy?
Daveskater
Premium Member

7th Jul 10 at 18:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People with black 206 GTi 138's are gay.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
N3CRO

7th Jul 10 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sumner2k3
quote:
Originally posted by TheNobleOne

whats yours like on fuel round town then mate if your driving tidy?

I'll ignore that Dave coz I knows you love me really

Pretty good tbh. Not much different from my 12v Corsa if ya not driving like a goon.

DirtyDetail

7th Jul 10 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sisters is pretty decent. Bought it from a peugeot dealer after gramps realised it wasnt the look for him and opted for something else. Never driven hard, always cleaned properly etc...

Very tidy car. Its quick enough to keep you grinning, plenty of options if you want to tune/style (not that you would need to i suspect) and also fairly decent on fuel.

Plus dont forget that the early plans/designs created the 206 WRC car.

hbutler

8th Jul 10 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slow, poorly built, exhaust seem to fall off. They do handle well, but after having one in the family for about 5 years thats the only good thing i can remember about it
Edd

8th Jul 10 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

slow? it gets to 60 in about 7.8 secs?

seems pretty reasonable for a car with 138 bhp?
scottyp1989

8th Jul 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a cylinder head an bits for sale for one of these, going extremely cheap if interested
22B

8th Jul 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As most people have said, they handle well but arent the quickest. I had my 138 for 4 1/2 years and it never let me down apart from a flat battery.

Ive got a 180 now, which is better in every respect, what the 138 should have been to begin with. If you can stretch your budget go for a 180. Thats not to say the 138 is a bad car, but the game moved on and Peugeot stood still got a very long time.

The 206 GTi is still an absolute bargain considering all the gear its got, good all rounder.
N3CRO

8th Jul 10 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, what 22B said.
I only bought my 206 coz it cost me £950 with a full MOT

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 206 GTi 130 24 database queries in 0.0123301 seconds