corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying and Selling cars?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying and Selling cars?
Eddx14xe

User status: Offline
14th Jul 10 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anyone do it on here?

How do you go about insurance so the potential buyer can test drive etc?

Do you make much from it?

Ive found a ford KA on autotrader for £99, MOT till sep, no tax, decent bodywork, central locking, power steering, electric windows.

Obviously there could be something really wrong with it but its not stated in advert.

How much would it be worth, say if it was decent, brought it for £99, got 6 months tax and some new ford hubcaps for it, as it doesnt have any just to make it look tidier.

Would it be worth £300-4000?
Rob R

14th Jul 10 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for £99 it's either going to be seriously hammered or a mis-print in the price
markx14xe

14th Jul 10 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no these do pop up its part exchange
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Jul 10 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was that easy to sell at the higher price, the guy selling it would be selling it at the higher price.

You need a proper source of cheap cars and a proper means of insuring and storing them. You also technically should pay tax on the earnings, which usually scuppers most people.
AndyCorsaSport

14th Jul 10 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like Rob says, for that theres something else wrong. Could weigh it in for more than that.

As for buying and selling cars, theres a lot people dont know about it.

If you class your self as a trader, and sell a car as trade, by law, you have to give 30 days warrenty on the car, you have to paye tax and tell the tax man your selling cars on the side.

As for insurance, traders policy is the best bet, hard to get one if your under 25 though im afraid!!
Twiggy

14th Jul 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its to good to be true and all that

thats proberbly the deposit tbh... or £990ono
Eddx14xe

14th Jul 10 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyCorsaSport
Like Rob says, for that theres something else wrong. Could weigh it in for more than that.

As for buying and selling cars, theres a lot people dont know about it.

If you class your self as a trader, and sell a car as trade, by law, you have to give 30 days warrenty on the car, you have to paye tax and tell the tax man your selling cars on the side.

As for insurance, traders policy is the best bet, hard to get one if your under 25 though im afraid!!

Cheers for that, this is the sort of info i was after.

Was only looking at doing when see cheap cars about, not as a proper business. As cant find an apprenticeship or any jobs about that will get me more money than i get now and would like a bit of extra money.
Twiggy

14th Jul 10 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IS THIS IT????????
Eddx14xe

14th Jul 10 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am aware that the car i said about would probably have something wrong/wrong price posted etc, i just used it as a example really
AndyCorsaSport

14th Jul 10 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your best bet, is to go to auction, buy a car from there and stick it in the trader.

Its so easy, guy at my work does at least 2/3 a month, some times more.

Last week he bought an 08 Pug 207, 38k, basic 1.4, paid £4800, got rear bumper painted, sold for £5400 a week later. Too easy.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying and Selling cars? 23 database queries in 0.0050950 seconds