corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brakes ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brakes ?
gidged500
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jul 10 at 17:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so i want my corsa to stop and my 2.0 brakes are pants so ive bought some v6 brakes what are the best pads and discs? red stuff pads are suppost to be good but no idea about discs help please
Limecat
Banned

14th Jul 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In what way are your 2.0 brakes pants may I ask? I'm not a big supporter of the V6 brakes, the larger piston size means you get a longer pedal travel.

Have you bought just the calipers then? There are different pad types depending on which V6 calipers you have.
gidged500
Premium Member

14th Jul 10 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They just don't seem to stop it well enough I've bought the callipers discs and pads from a v6 but need new discs and pads what are the best combo and I'm not sure which v6 there off :/ how can I tell?
Limecat
Banned

14th Jul 10 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH, unless for prolonged track use I just stick with standard stuff on the whole, the times I have spent money on better pads/discs I haven't noticed any difference until warmed up sufficiently (on track) and even then I found them crap initially in the cold.

You can take the existing pad down to a local motor factors, they will have a big book with pads in that they can compare the shape of the backing plate to! Then you know what version it is off for future.

EDIT: Infact, spending money on decent pads/discs really is a waste of money on standard set-up, far better putting the extra money towards a set of 4 pots if you REALLY want to stop.

[Edited on 14-07-2010 by LETGSI16V]
gidged500
Premium Member

15th Jul 10 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow that really helps I'm not going to use it for track use at all so I think I'll go for the standard stuff . Thanks really helped that
Rob-e91

16th Jul 10 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say stick to standard, and get some braided hoses, also make sure the system is bled properly

New Poll