corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa b sport donor car ..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b sport donor car ..
ash-ov-boro

User status: Offline
16th Jul 10 at 04:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right all im ment to be buying a corsa sport donor car to fit the engine in to my x10xe 1.0 12v corsa b theres a few questions ive got to ask .. went up last night to have a look at it & the car would have been nice but they have put a wide body kit ect: on it not intrested in any of that i just want the engine and a few other parts then off to the scrap yard with the car ..

right on the logbooks its down as a x14xe it has 48000 miles on the clock but the young lad told me that its had a X16XE engine fitted how would i know if its a x14 or a x16 is there anything to look for ?

also what would i be needing from the car to get the X14 OR X16 engine fitted to my x10xe 1.0 my mate is going to be carrying all the work out for a really small price & im getting the car for £150

went up last night and i asked the lad to start it it has been stood the since christmas with no wheels on so the brakes are rusted to fuck now im ment to be picking it up at 50 today so anyways i asked him to start it & there was nothing there so i put some jump leads on it from the x16 to my 1.0 give it a minute or so whilst my car was running then ask the lad to try again so he tryed and the engine turned this time but there was clearly not enough charge in his battery to start so when i go up tomorrow i want to see it start before i buy it but its got coilovers on supposebley & all the sport interior ect: so its got to be worth £150 even if i brake it up
ash-ov-boro

16th Jul 10 at 04:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there anything i should look out for on theese engines ??

is there anywhere on the engine that should be marked as a x16xe ?

and what would i need to fit the engine to my car will everything be there in the donor car for me to fit it to my little 12v 1.0
Robo C20Let

16th Jul 10 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your just swapping the engine use the mounts that come with the engine is the best thing

i may be wrong but the engine code is either on the side of the head or down near the gearbox but dont quote me on that.

if it start wait until it warms up, see how long it takes to warm up, if it gets warm fast leave it. if you hear any knocking or light tinks leave it. if it doesnt start leave it, if there is any smoke coming out the exhaust leave it (but if its been standing give it 10min to clear. take it for a drive make sure the clutch doesnt slip and the gearbox has no crunches, hit the rev limit onlty once on the engine and see what it sounds like and see how freely it revs
ash-ov-boro

16th Jul 10 at 06:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will have a look when i go down mate still need to find somewhere to put it whilst i strip it down
scottyp1989

16th Jul 10 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

engine code will be near the gearbox, on the side of the flange sort of thing facing you, easy enough conversion to do, just basically pull everything from the one car and drop it in the other, bit of wiring and your done
ash-ov-boro

16th Jul 10 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well went and had another look at the car today got it started straight away with my battery and it sounded nice very nice imo so i had the lad let it tick over for 5 mins or so to see if the smoke clears then had him hit the limiter & the smoke cleared alot so i gave him the £130 cash yep nocked him down £20 so anyways will get pics tomorrow when i get it picked up from the lads drive & dropped off in a mates drive
quite happy with it for £130 it has all sport interior leccy windows mirrors sunroof ect: it has spax coilovers some big ass brakes on it but they will need a good cleen up from where its been stood

its got an alright little backbox on it too

nice clean boot with spoiler no rust an has som good all round panels some are scratched but it will fetch some cash back so in the end it wouldnt of cost me that much for the stuff i want from it got spare alloy no good to me .. got spare bumpers & some other litle bits the bodykit will be going on ebay as its not my type of kit infact i dont like bodykits apart from the standard gsi kit which i will be getting soon will get pics tomorrow when its on my mates drive as i forgot the camera ..

thanks guys for helping me out & for the tips but by the looks of things i got my self a good deal
ash-ov-boro

17th Jul 10 at 05:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couple of hours from now going to pick the car up & start stripping it down engine last

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa b sport donor car .. 23 database queries in 0.0091631 seconds