corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine running problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine running problems
kev04

User status: Offline
19th Jul 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got a 1993 vauxhall corsa gsi and ever since I brought it it's had running problems. It idles fine but as soon as you put your foot down the revs start to die, to get the revs up you have to slowly build them up and then it will get going. Iv changed the throttle body, idle control valve, throttle position sensor, lamba sensor, injectors and loom, ecu, plugs and leads, crank sensor, cam position sensor, AFM and still no change. Their is no ecu light on until it's on a run for about 5 mins. I just don't know what to try next to get it running!!!
Robo C20Let

19th Jul 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the ecu code
kev04

19th Jul 10 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I turn the engine off to try and fin out what the code is the code clears so it doesn't show
Robo C20Let

19th Jul 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you try the paper clip test then i take it, errr well the only other way then is getting a fault code reader and doing it while the engine is running. but if its clearing when the engine is off it sounds like an electrical problem
kev04

19th Jul 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I tried the paperclip idea. Yeah I though it was an electrical problem, that's why I tried to change everything electrical. Now I'm just stuck for ideas :s
6580gareth

19th Jul 10 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuel pressure regulator or fuel pump.Sounds like same symptoms I had on a Sport and it was the regulator.

New Poll