corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: White 2010 GT3

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Polished Bliss®: White 2010 GT3
BluKoo

User status: Offline
25th Jul 10 at 02:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This was done last month over a weekend and one I had looked forward to for aaaagggeeesss

We looked after the owners previous 997 GT3 but he decided the latest one was to good to resist so a good few months later and an extremely high spec'd GT3 turned up late Friday afternoon.

This was how it looked after driving out to us straight from the showroom:

Poor bee...

The usual signs of dealer prep were evident throughout:

Smears on the glass:

Residue on the trims:

I began with the wheels which were cleaned with a mild solution of Gloss-It Wheel Gel and then Autosmart Tardis to remove the tar spots already clinging to the wheels (I always find new Porsches have this on the inner rims?):

The exterior trims/shuts etc were all cleaned with APC and the car was then foamed, rinsed and washed with the 2 bucket method and Shampoo Plus.

Austosmart Tardis was used to remove a few minor tar spots before turning to Aquartz Iron Cut to see if we had any contamination not visible to the eye...

That'll be a yes then!

A quick rinse followed and the car was then put inside and clayed with Meguiars Mild and water for lube. It was then dried with a PB Luxury Drying Towel and the Black Baron.

One quick job before I went defect spotting was to remove the protection film from the rear quarters with the help of the heat gun:

(It will all become clear as to why I did this at the end!)

Now lets see what the condition of the paintwork is...

Buffer trails:

Few random scratches:

And some sanding marks just for fun

This is an example of the type of marring visible on all panels using the Aquartz light:

Defects were removed with a Gloss-It Light Cut Pad and a mix of Gloss-It Extreme Cut and Evolution Polish with the DA (typical sticky Porsche paint was ever present with this one so DA was easier)

Before:

After:

A few afters:

Tailight before:

After:

There was a small trace of micro marring on some areas of the car after the polishing so I refined the finish with a Gloss-It polishing pad and Meguiars 205:

Then it was time to remove the masking tape...

...Then do a bit of dusting...

Werkstat Prime Strong was applied to the exterior glass:

3M Glass Cleaner was used for the interior glass, I've used this for the last 3 or 4 months now and it's awesome:

The interior was nearly spotless so didnt need much but I gave the backs of the seats a wax with some Raceglaze 55 just for the hell of it

I only got 1 pic of the interior as all the rest came out blurred for some reason, the car will be back in again in the near future so I'll make sure I get some then

The wheels were sealed with Blackfire Metal Sealant and the tyres dressed with Migliore.

And for the LSP on the paint I chose....

....Nothing The car was to be trailered down south after the detail to get a complete wrap in paint protection film so it was given a full IPA wipe down and left at that, one less job to do I guess

So here are the afters :thumb:

Thanks for looking
Anty
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 03:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow !!

massive detail..

[Edited on 25-07-2010 by Anty]
--ToM--

25th Jul 10 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tail pipes are still dirty in the last pik
Tomnova16
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tailpipes are painted black lol.
Really want that. Those wheels are stunning

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
kz

25th Jul 10 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree the wheels are lovely. I do think the spoilers a bit ott though and I hate where the petrol cap is! You make me feel bad that I haven't washed my car for about two months, other than a quick wipe over the windscreen
corsa-sxi

25th Jul 10 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

howcome there is no rust on the brake discs after the wash, mine is has a layer of rust on them
3CorsaMeal

25th Jul 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

omg look how dirty it was
Nath

25th Jul 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How many miles way was the showroom to you?

BarnshaW

25th Jul 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-sxi
howcome there is no rust on the brake discs after the wash, mine is has a layer of rust on them

its not rust, its a reaction to the acid in the wheel cleaner and also these brakes are ceramic by the looks of it so they wont have the same effect
SetH

25th Jul 10 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why I will tell the dealer to GTF with their shitty prep if I ever buy a brand new car.
Daveskater
Premium Member

25th Jul 10 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with Seth, I'd tell them I'd be removing their lips if they touched it. Same as Murray's dad did with the RS.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Polished Bliss®: White 2010 GT3 24 database queries in 0.0880599 seconds