corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » So O2 Broadband have cancelled my contract

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author So O2 Broadband have cancelled my contract
John

User status: Offline
14th Aug 10 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They'll all be equally bad unless you go for some business service willay, it's all BT wholesale if you aren't LLU so they all get charged exactly the same from BT for the bandwidth.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

14th Aug 10 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I can't be dealing with caps though, does my nut in. And we use Plusnet to connect one of the shops up so I'd be giving it to that mate

Sky want me on the 'Sky Broadband Connect' product, usage limit of 40GB. Any idea how they enforce this guys? (real life experience plz)
willay
Premium Member

14th Aug 10 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
They'll all be equally bad unless you go for some business service willay, it's all BT wholesale if you aren't LLU so they all get charged exactly the same from BT for the bandwidth.

Cheers John - I can appreciate that, but some ISPs are not as strict as others, some don't have the technology to cap as well as others.
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Aug 10 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its uncapped at night so just schedule the traffic.
Cavey

14th Aug 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Yeah I can't be dealing with caps though, does my nut in. And we use Plusnet to connect one of the shops up so I'd be giving it to that mate

Sky want me on the 'Sky Broadband Connect' product, usage limit of 40GB. Any idea how they enforce this guys? (real life experience plz)

When we joined they were trying to get me to go on connect, apparently couldn't do the unlimited service (went with O2 in the end) but said that they would waive the limit anyway, so not sure how it's judged. Sky connect was quite expensive for what it was.
John

14th Aug 10 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've got a load of people on entanet at work, uncapped at night, fairish price, worth a look for an entanet reseller, there are loads.
willay
Premium Member

14th Aug 10 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess I could but we live in a world of wizzbang computers and flashing lights, I want my illegal content now, not tomorrow because I got to wait for them shitcunts to uncapp the internet!
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Aug 10 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Internet
Cavey

14th Aug 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

willay, dont you rss most of the downloads anyway, if you download american shows, they're released over night anyway?
willay
Premium Member

14th Aug 10 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
quote:
Originally posted by willay

When we joined they were trying to get me to go on connect, apparently couldn't do the unlimited service (went with O2 in the end) but said that they would waive the limit anyway, so not sure how it's judged. Sky connect was quite expensive for what it was.

Yeah I just need to know how they are with capping, if they just end up complaining and ending my contract early then happy dayz. I don't want to be in the position where I can be charged extra for extra GB of traffic.
willay
Premium Member

14th Aug 10 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
willay, dont you rss most of the downloads anyway, if you download american shows, they're released over night anyway?

To my seedbox yeah, so I'll check in the morning and see I've grabbed aload of shows but then I need to get them to my box at home! So I SCP over during the day while I'm at work so I can enjoy them when I'm not at work.

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Internet

The Internet
John

14th Aug 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just download them straight to the house overnight and save the expense of the seedbox
willay
Premium Member

14th Aug 10 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not an option, the seedbox has many uses and can achive upload rates that my home connection can only dream about

PLUS theres still stuff I miss because my RSS feeds arent set up for it, like the odd movie or album I may be after.
Cavey

14th Aug 10 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a flash drive, keep using the seedbox, and transfer stuff using the drive to save on connection? Or does that defeat the object of having a seedbox?
willay
Premium Member

14th Aug 10 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The seedbox is in a different geographical location.
John

14th Aug 10 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The seedbox is hosted somewhere else, with a much faster connection, not in willay's house.
Cavey

14th Aug 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought it was at his work? Ignore me then!
willay
Premium Member

14th Aug 10 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate, shes hosted somewhere in Europe in a data centre.
Cavey

14th Aug 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough, I was under the impression it was essentially a server you had using works connection to download at any hour. Doh!
Bart

14th Aug 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, Ive said it before... pay a little more for plusnet business
completely, uncapped, limitless and now up to 20mb if you have 21CN at your exchange
willay
Premium Member

14th Aug 10 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yez but I only has BT connect as the exchange has yet to be freeed!
Matty SRi

14th Aug 10 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im with sky at the moment, i have Sky+HD box, phone and internet with them, for the internet its only £7.50 a month on top of what i pay for the tv and phone. which is quite good, upto 20mb, unlimited downloads. only problem is i only really seem to be getting about 4mb majority of the time!
drunkenfool

15th Aug 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i sometimes download up to 300gb b month with adsl24 and never had a problem, can't recommend them enough!
Andrew

15th Aug 10 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a PlusNet and they do monitor your bandwidth. They are doing a 3 month free but 60GB cap. I signed up in Feb and get an 80GB cap.

Does me fine as i only download the odd HD film and use RDP. I'm killing 50GB this month at the moment.
noshua

15th Aug 10 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky throttle you IIRC

seedbox; anything that is completed move to a different directory
home; ftp/scp watch the completed directory for new content, set box to wake up ~3-4am and leech?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll