corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » IMPORTANT - REGARDING CAR INSURANCE PLEASE READ

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author IMPORTANT - REGARDING CAR INSURANCE PLEASE READ
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Offline
13th Aug 10 at 23:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who got the commission Col
Col004

13th Aug 10 at 23:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fook knows.. to be fair they beat every offer I got for a skem post code.
Limecat
Banned

14th Aug 10 at 00:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I flamed him on another forum and I got deleted after a few posts, he claimed that a certain postcode was excluded due to the area, when I pointed out it was the richest village in England he shut the fuck up.

They are linked with Flux so I wouldn't use them anyway.
Col004

14th Aug 10 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personal dont have any issue. Cheapest by nearly 50 quid for me from any company.
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Aug 10 at 00:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
when I pointed out it was the richest village in England he shut the fuck up.
I don't think there's any sense to it. Like there are areas of Liverpool with low crime rates and areas of WN and WA which adjoin it and which Knott will insure, which are much worse in terms of risk. It's just a very rudimentary way of dealing with who you will and won't insure.

But they're only cheap because they refuse people. Same as Sheilas wheels and Saga but you don't see anyone hating them
Limecat
Banned

14th Aug 10 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking about it, when I used Flux years back and got a club discount I had to give my membership numer for the Renault 5 GT Turbo Owners club, so I doubt your normal members on here would qualify and the paid up members do not have a membership number.

Flux are fucking shit though, they invalidated my policy without telling me as they hadn't had me modified vehicle form back 3 times, I sent it to them twice via recorded signed for delivery (which they signed for) and they took payments in the mean time too. They cancelled my policy as a result and when I phoned them after being stopped they said my insurance was no longer running. (They used to give a month by month cover note if you paid by DD), thankfully one of my mates did the producer on his traders policy and said I worked for him otherwise their ineptitude would have got me banned.

Apparently, it is also your responsibility to make sure you show on the insurance database now? Twats.

EDIT: I realise my rant is about Flux but I believe they are linked?

If it's anywhere I bet it is Pistonheads.

[Edited on 14-08-2010 by LETGSI16V]
Col004

14th Aug 10 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
You're 28, that's an average quote at best unless you live in Belgrade and have 12 points.

Just seen this post john.. Jesus... Average quote?? It was the best I got pal. What town do you live in. Biggest crime were you live must be a pint of milk going missing if you think thats dear mate.
Limecat
Banned

14th Aug 10 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
when I pointed out it was the richest village in England he shut the fuck up.
I don't think there's any sense to it. Like there are areas of Liverpool with low crime rates and areas of WN and WA which adjoin it and which Knott will insure, which are much worse in terms of risk. It's just a very rudimentary way of dealing with who you will and won't insure.

But they're only cheap because they refuse people. Same as Sheilas wheels and Saga but you don't see anyone hating them

TBH, they are a business so I have no problem with them refusing those that don't fit in with their underwriting experience.

Did you say areas of Liverpool with low crime? No really?
jacko198

14th Aug 10 at 00:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian is right though, i live in an area of liverpool with a very low crime rate, but because it has an L at the start of the post code im fooked.

Hell, wayne rooney, steven gerrard, joe cole, torres, john parrot blah blah blah only live down the bloody road from me, i cant see them moving there if its bad!
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Aug 10 at 02:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Comparative to WN and WA as per my post, yes. The Liverpool stereotype is a fairly outdated one and in any case, to use the postal system alone in dictating business is fairly flawed.
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Aug 10 at 02:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
EDIT: I realise my rant is about Flux but I believe they are linked?
I think they both broker the same underwriters. Which is like saying Tesco and Sainsburys are linked because they both sell Warburtons bread. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Limecat
Banned

14th Aug 10 at 02:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Ian is right though, i live in an area of liverpool with a very low crime rate, but because it has an L at the start of the post code im fooked.

Hell, wayne rooney, steven gerrard, joe cole, torres, john parrot blah blah blah only live down the bloody road from me, i cant see them moving there if its bad!

Rooney lives in Prestbury, about half way between myself and Rick Draper (richest village in England as I mentioned above), SK10 4AP IIRC should you wish to look on google earth!

Granted, he will own more than one house but why eat Netto own brand crisps when you can have Gary Rhodes cook you a sirloin?

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Comparative to WN and WA as per my post, yes. The Liverpool stereotype is a fairly outdated one and in any case, to use the postal system alone in dictating business is fairly flawed.

To be fair you did buy an alloy wheel so at least you are turning down the right path now!
John

14th Aug 10 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Col004
quote:
Originally posted by John
You're 28, that's an average quote at best unless you live in Belgrade and have 12 points.

Just seen this post john.. Jesus... Average quote?? It was the best I got pal. What town do you live in. Biggest crime were you live must be a pint of milk going missing if you think thats dear mate.

I'm in Glasgow which according to some survey or other was worse than Iraq
CorsAsh

14th Aug 10 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I saw and experienced more crime during my 4 years in Coventry than anywhere else I've ever lived combined. Yet it was a lower risk area than the North West? Go figure.
DannyB
Premium Member

14th Aug 10 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happened to the original thread he made in here, I'm sure going off that thread that not many people went with them in the end, nearly every question answered by him was no, too young, can't insure that car, can't insure with a cage/engine conversion, bad postcode etc etc
jacko198

16th Aug 10 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by jacko198

Rooney lives in Prestbury, about half way between myself and Rick Draper (richest village in England as I mentioned above), SK10 4AP IIRC should you wish to look on google earth!

Granted, he will own more than one house but why eat Netto own brand crisps when you can have Gary Rhodes cook you a sirloin?

True, the house he bought when he played for everton, i think his parents live in it now.

Used to live up that way, moved here from living in Bramhall

[Edited on 16-08-2010 by jacko198]
XE Col
Premium Member

17th Aug 10 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rang Chris Knott after reading this thread to see if i was insurable, i was on the phone no longer than 30 seconds, said i was after insurance for my 2 vehicles, i was asked if i had any no claims to which my reply was No, i was then told thankyou very much but you need a minimum of 1 year NCB
chloe16v

17th Aug 10 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thinking about it, when I used Flux years back and got a club discount I had to give my membership numer for the Renault 5 GT Turbo Owners club, so I doubt your normal members on here would qualify and the paid up members do not have a membership number.

[Edited on 14-08-2010 by LETGSI16V]

paid members do have a membership number

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » IMPORTANT - REGARDING CAR INSURANCE PLEASE READ 23 database queries in 0.0132830 seconds