corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » benefit cheats - THE SUN newspaper

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author benefit cheats - THE SUN newspaper
a_j_mair

User status: Offline
13th Aug 10 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jules S
quote:
Originally posted by Butler
Starting to like the sun, they seemed to have gone all tory!

The sun sides with any party that is/looks like they will get into power. You do realise they were 110% pro Tory until a few months before Labour got in in 1997? Then switched over...

Then google the chump that wrote that article. Before anybody piss boils about the validity of this so called piece of newsworthy, look at the piss poor stuff she writes day in day out.

>click<

Quality journalism at its best , expand the top link to see her 'history' of non storys she gets published.

All the above may be true Jules but irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

The fact someone is standing up and speaking out to try and improve the system has to be a good thing no matter what side the lean towards
Tom

13th Aug 10 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
doesnt matter who is trying to stop it at least someone somewhere is trying to make an effort.

The guy in the article is obviously a complete moron saying it would be nice to get more money so they could take the kids out

if you didnt drink and smoke your money away or run up huge debts you could. even better get a job !!!

Tom, would you suggest we would be better with Labour who got us into this mess and created the claim culture?

I've not read the article as it's from the sc*m. I'm not saying we would be better with labour, i'm questioning some of the policies this coalition government has adopted and the fact they seem to be working against each other. Labour put us right in the shit and helped put us in to recesssion but I think we could have done with another year of recovery before major cuts, we could then have quickly addressed the benefits system with a more stable jobs market.

[Edited on 13-08-2010 by Tom]
Nath

13th Aug 10 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Benefits are a fucking joke. They actively encourage people not to work. One of my mates is on them and would be worse off if he earned less than £7 an hour. So funnily enough he doesn't do jobs for less than that. They should start to decrease over time, forcing people to work.

I agree massively... in principle. Unfortunately though this government's policies are all wrong, on one hand they haven't given enough time for the recovery of the recession, the impending hike in VAT which will kill off alot of small business and the HUGE cuts in the public sector, on the other hand they are going to take a hard line with unemployed people, when realistically there will be less jobs out there. Yes review the people who have been on the sick or the normal dole for years but you also need to support normally hard working people through the hard times.

There must be ways to decide who deserves what. Because the hard working guys who've been made redundant get the same (probably) as the scroungers who dont care for work.
a_j_mair

13th Aug 10 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

I've not read the article as it's from the sc*m.

bit silly really

It is not how well the article is written or who has written it

It is what the article is trying to stand for
Tom

13th Aug 10 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

bit silly really

I have my own reasons for not reading anything from that lot, as silly as you might find it

Re your last point, I agree there should be but there isn't and I don't recall hearing anything concrete suggesting there will be, i've heard about some kind of generic time limit to being on but that's not a solution when unemployment is on the increase imo.
SnK

13th Aug 10 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im all for cutting peoples benefits if their claiming and they need not be.. instead should be out getting a job. However i just hope in my dads case they dont decide to cut his benefits.. and before you all start anything, he developed type 2 diabetes about a year ago.. before that he was a working builder atleast 60hours a week.. then he was in hospital on a drip for a week solid.. looked like a chicken dipper.. then he developed ulcerative colitis and is unable to work so now hes recieving 77pound a week.. which isnt enough to live.. so we have to sell our house and find somewhere smaller.. if anything people who dont deserve it need it cutting and people like my dad who do need it needs it increasing..
a_j_mair

13th Aug 10 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

bit silly really

I have my own reasons for not reading anything from that lot, as silly as you might find it

Re your last point, I agree there should be but there isn't and I don't recall hearing anything concrete suggesting there will be, i've heard about some kind of generic time limit to being on but that's not a solution when unemployment is on the increase imo.

What that article is saying is they want you to shop benefits cheats

I am all for benefits as long as they are governed fairly and regular checks carried out
chr15barn3s

13th Aug 10 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SnK
Im all for cutting peoples benefits if their claiming and they need not be.. instead should be out getting a job. However i just hope in my dads case they dont decide to cut his benefits.. and before you all start anything, he developed type 2 diabetes about a year ago.. before that he was a working builder atleast 60hours a week.. then he was in hospital on a drip for a week solid.. looked like a chicken dipper.. then he developed ulcerative colitis and is unable to work so now hes recieving 77pound a week.. which isnt enough to live.. so we have to sell our house and find somewhere smaller.. if anything people who dont deserve it need it cutting and people like my dad who do need it needs it increasing..

Definately. People like your dad should get more than the low life's who have no intention of working. The system must be so crap though as it needs changing!
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

13th Aug 10 at 11:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SnK

You will 100% get more than that!
Sunz

13th Aug 10 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a tumor in my right knee in 2006 which destroyed most of the joint so has left me with a lot of problems with walking, the max I can get is like £68 a week for disability, will never be able to work like other people as just getting around is a problem.
Previous to this I have been working since I was 16 doing greens keeping and metal engineering which are now both imossible for me.

But they just made it so if you get a job, after tax and rent you pretty much equal in what you have got left over so most people think fuck it, whats the point (obviously to indepedant and build a future) and if they lower the amount I think it would have good and bad affects, I think some would give more effort in getting a job but others would just crumble and end up trying to top themselfs from stress and depression like a few have already.

I still say fallout is the only option, I'm happy to die if we can nuke the planet and start again

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » benefit cheats - THE SUN newspaper 23 database queries in 0.0124700 seconds