corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Audi a3

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Audi a3
belton

User status: Offline
16th Aug 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea seems to be the impression I get from alot of people. But they are very good quality cars. But no one who has owned has spoken really! Apart from livelee's who I was quite surpised about!
belton

16th Aug 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by StuartVRS
quote:
Originally posted by belton
What did you think of it stuartvrs? Sounds alright mind, must have been quick? Anything I would recognise? Used to live and downham and I am still around Bromley common Hayes way a fair bit

Gold, 19" RS6 wheels and yeah it was quite quick but heavy so not super quick. Kept quite easily with 20XE corsas but not much quicker. Not had it for a good 4 years though.

hmm. Did you sell it to someone from tonbridge area?
Did you enjoy it?
StuartVRS

16th Aug 10 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by StuartVRS
quote:
What did you think of it stuartvrs? Sounds alright mind, must have been quick? Anything I would recognise? Used to live and downham and I am still around Bromley common Hayes way a fair bit

Gold, 19" RS6 wheels and yeah it was quite quick but heavy so not super quick. Kept quite easily with 20XE corsas but not much quicker. Not had it for a good 4 years though.

hmm. Did you sell it to someone from tonbridge area?
Did you enjoy it?

We loved it, was a great car but unfortunately it had a lot of problems and the costs were building up, new ecu was 700 quid then other bits went so we part exchanged for a brand new polo. We had it over 2 years and id own another one in a heartbeat. Prob be the only car to tempt us away from our vrs
belton

16th Aug 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow almost sold it to me. he was looking at either an a3 or fabia vrs, so i guess you would certainly be the man for him to talk to. But this a3 has come up so cheap and off a friend. did you do all the mods yourself?
Simon_16v

16th Aug 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fabia's are diesels bud?

I'm looking at getting rid of my Ibiza FR (PD130) for a Ibiza Cupra 20vt 180bhp and they are pretty easy to free the ponies up. On the Cupras for a bit of money its easy to achieve 240bhp
belton

16th Aug 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea i know lol, he isnt really bothered about petrol or diesel, its more a comfortable sensible (looking) car, with abit of class, i know the skoda is well, a skoda, but they are slowly becoming cool, certainly not raped like they used to be
Thing is with Cupras becuase they are a small 'sport' they are very pricey to insure, a3 1.8t is actually very cheap to insure
Simon_16v

16th Aug 10 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah the fabia vrs is a capable car, with a hybrid turbo, frount mount, clutch and exhaust you can be talking 240bhp.

Yeah but you have to think of the things the cupra's come with as standard. They have £1200 ap racing brakes and £500 front mount intercooler
antnee

16th Aug 10 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

312mm brakes are enough for the ibiza/fabia

Edit; don't know if its the same for the mk4's, but the mk5's AP 4pots are actually not that great, and under some abuse will give up! Marketing con!

[Edited on 16-08-2010 by antnee]
Simon_16v

16th Aug 10 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well on SC.net never of heard of anyone complaining? Either way nice upgrade to have over the FR 288mm brakes
antnee

16th Aug 10 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was a guy who killed the AP brakes on his Mk5 Cupra/boc on a track day, went to complain to Seat and they said 'the racing brakes option isn't actually for racing' TBH, I don't know of any one on fail.net that are proper track day go'ers to properly test the AP brakes on a Cupra. If it was me, I would go for some 6pot Ksports for £700
StuartVRS

16th Aug 10 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
wow almost sold it to me. he was looking at either an a3 or fabia vrs, so i guess you would certainly be the man for him to talk to. But this a3 has come up so cheap and off a friend. did you do all the mods yourself?

We have the Diesel Octavia Vrs. Best car we have owned by a mile. We also had a Fabia Vrs before this one. Yeah i did most bits myself on the A3.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Audi a3 23 database queries in 0.0102959 seconds