corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » poor credit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author poor credit
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
16th Aug 10 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a mate of mine has proper shite credit history. he has had a loan and an overdraft which he couldnt pay when he lost hours at his job, work has picked up and he wants a 4k loan but banks wont touch him, what are his options? he wants to buy a car private

ps it really isnt me
Eck
Premium Member

16th Aug 10 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've heard the provident are a fine establishment. High success rate, low interest and very understanding.
AndyKent

16th Aug 10 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does he actually have the means to pay it back or is he getting himself into more trouble?

If he can safely pay it back someone out there will be willing to lend to him, but likely cost him more.
taylorboosh

16th Aug 10 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes on about 1200 after tax a month and has outgoings of about 600-700 at the minute so yes he can.
Eck
Premium Member

17th Aug 10 at 07:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he has 500 disposable income then why does he end up in the shit? I'm guessing the hours aren't reliable? Ie; fixed overtime? He'll be paying back a fortune on a loan!
taylorboosh

17th Aug 10 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he works in an asda ware house and had his hours cut/layed off a lot during the recessions peak
Tommy L

17th Aug 10 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just went on money supermarket and this is what they got.

4k loan over 4 years with poor profile

Aspire Money 53.9%APR £178.07 £4,547 £8,547

You can figure what figure is what.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

17th Aug 10 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ouch!
Tom

17th Aug 10 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell him to forget about it/save up the money instead or he's going to get raped as demonstrated above. If he takes out more credit now for the sake of having a decent car he'll regret it, i'm talking from experience btw. I'm so close to being debt free now and it's the best feeling after years and years and years of paying for mistakes I made when I was late teens/early 20's.

Nath

17th Aug 10 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What Tom said.
taylorboosh

17th Aug 10 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

everywhere he rings asks for a 60 quid fee to do a credit check, surely this is a con as they will be taking 60 quids then saying no?
Tommy L

17th Aug 10 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.creditexpert.co.uk/order1_1.aspx?sc=410680&bcd=mfoolcredcprepopsign&tduid=36d9d74443d68b9d2a198b91128a68f9&affId=1778147&areaid=22&pkgid=UKMON&SiteID=100002&SiteVersionID=487
oceansoul

17th Aug 10 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just save a bit each month and get a cheaper car? Does he really NEED a 4k car. £500 would by a car that works.
taylorboosh

17th Aug 10 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he already has a 1k car he just wants another and is an idiot
Sam
Premium Member

17th Aug 10 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell your friend to save up £500 a month for 6 months, sell the existing car and then he will have £4k to buy a new car. No loan to pay, no interest, and he owns the car outright.
Brett
Premium Member

17th Aug 10 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has he paid off the other outstanding debt?
sc0ott

17th Aug 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IIRC the more times you try for credit if you are constantly refused the worse your rating gets?

edit. what is he looking to buy?

[Edited on 17-08-2010 by sc0ott]
Tom

17th Aug 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
IIRC the more times you try for credit if you are constantly refused the worse your rating gets?

Yes that's true, the more it's for as well the longer it sticks, so for example if you go for a mortgage and get refused then you may have to wait 3+ months until you can (successfully) apply for another one. I haven't looked into my credit history (I have countless missed payments etc from when I lost my last job) but I got accepted for a £35 p/m contract phone a couple of months ago which makes me think it's getting better I haven't missed any kind of payment for 18 months so hopefully it will be ok. I ultimately need it to be decent for when I want a mortgage in 2-3 years.
Eck
Premium Member

17th Aug 10 at 15:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If he goes onto Experian and signs up for the free month (will have to put bank details in but can cancel it) he will get an idea of just how bad his credit rating is. He'll also see what is outstanding, and it'll be better for his credit rating if he pays that off before trying other ventures. As said, continually trying for credit will affect his credit rating. Even phoning for a quote on a loan will affect it.
Generation

17th Aug 10 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy a cheap car, pay of his other loan..keep car until he can afford new one simple. Fuckwit
taylorboosh

17th Aug 10 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes gave up and is asking mammy for money now
Limecat
Banned

17th Aug 10 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Has he paid off the other outstanding debt?

Thats the main thing, if he has defaulted he can still obtain credit but it will depend on if he has satisfied his previous loans or fucking ignored them, if he hasn't come to an agreement with his existing debtors then he is fucked. Even if he has, he is severely 'tarred' and his Mum is stupid if she lends him the money. Learn from your mistakes and all that - he hasn't by the sounds of it? Sod having £500 - LOAN AMOUNT each month to live off, that wouldn't cover my beer bill.

TBH, if he has been in that position once he is a fucking idiot if he goes down the loan route again. He sure as hell would not pass ANY mortgage application for near on 3 years and it will stay on his record for 6 years either way, so if a shit £4k car is the height of his ambitions and paying for it for years when it will be worth buttons then bollocks to him.
taylorboosh

18th Aug 10 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think you just summed him up let, he cant have contract phones or anthing, im not sure if hes settled it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » poor credit 23 database queries in 0.0974009 seconds