corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford Fiesta Zetec-S

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ford Fiesta Zetec-S
Cazy-Corsa

User status: Offline
21st Aug 10 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wondering if there is any ford people out there that can help me out.

looking at buying an 08 plate for zetec-s in white/silver, just wondering how good a car they are, i.e reliable, fast, looks etc in you opinions?

any help would be great, cheers

callum
Graham88

21st Aug 10 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they're decent cars. I had mine for a year, used it everyday, 30k miles in a year, a few trackdays, never put a foot wrong.

Cheap on fuel did 300 miles to a tank I think the most I got it down too was 250 with pure ragging lol.

And I think they look excellent.

However can you stretch to an ST?
Robo C20Let

21st Aug 10 at 05:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i own one and has never let me down, they are nippy but far from fast lol still beats all the chavs in the 1.2,

i average about 36mpg with mixed driving

handles mint for the car it and will take abuse all day long

just watch out tho i have had 3 spoilers nicked and 2 sets of bumpers the wankers little chavs sticking them on there little 1.25 zetecs
Richardhhha

21st Aug 10 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i prefer the mk6 ones as the 6.5 with them daft headlamps look stupid and spoil it for me really.

Cracking cars, easely tunable and relitivly cheap to do compaired to other makes with cars in the same market,

Only things i found that went comonly on them is thermostat gaskets, water pumps, coil packs, cam cover gaskets and the occasional inlet manifold inploding. But all zetec engines had these problems
deano87

21st Aug 10 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Diesel is supposed to be a cracking car.
Toby
Premium Member

21st Aug 10 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can stretch to a st, far superior in comparison
Ben G

21st Aug 10 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old one, before and after.

bought it from new and had no problems whatsoever.

was a really nice car.

could've done with a bit more power, about 120bhp would've been perfect but it was still a good car.

interiors are alright but the plastics are a bit poo and mark easily. i had half leather seats in mine and they are far better than the normal cloth ones.

if you get an 07-57 one you usually get the half leathers in them as ford has a problem with the supplier of the seats and had to change at a moments notice so got someone else to make the half leather ones.

they do look alright as standard, but i wanted bigger wheels as the standard 16's look a bit lost in the arches and they do need lowering (eibach springs are £74 with ford discount and designed exactly ford the car and keeps warranty intact).

the diesel remaps to about 120bhp iirc and is superior, but it sounds like a bit of a tractor.

as said, people do steal the spoilers and bumpers so get a good alarm on it. i had a toad ai606 and it used to go off if my cat went under the car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford Fiesta Zetec-S 23 database queries in 0.0106010 seconds