corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Start new job at Ford tomorrow as apprentice :)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Start new job at Ford tomorrow as apprentice :)
Kurt

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 10 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think our aprentences ever had time to make a brew

Usually they would be creaming it doing a service for a tech whilst they do another job to keep efficiency up

I would get good at fitting tyres too, every tyre our aprentences did

As for the names and being shouted at, the majority is banter in the motor trade, you just need to take it on the chin, I work in parts and I used to get dry humped, smacked arse, called gay, emo and goth
The shoutings at I can understand not liking, but techs are usually under alot of pressure to achieve target

AshWatson

User status: Offline
23rd Aug 10 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll enjoy it mate dont worry its normal to be nervous but once u've been there a week or 2 and you've made a few mates you'll be able to get ya head down and get stuck in lol

i was the same nervous as hell like 1st day at school
as for ur previous job forget about that your in much better hands now

im just going into my 3rd year of my apprentiship now
i work for a company called stoneacre and the branch / site im based at is suzuki franchised
i go on block release to suzuki college in nottingham a week at a time.
being an apprentice theres expected banter n piss takes but the postives are greater than the negatives :

i get to learn and qualify, enjoy it, good pay compared to most jobs for our age, im 19 on 836 quid basic wage a month then any bonus and overtime (have brung 1200 quid home once with 200 pound bonus and overtime which i think is fooookin amazing at 19 lol), get to stop in posh hotels a week at a time with all other apprentices from all over country meet some sound lads etc

good luck am sure u'll love it

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Start new job at Ford tomorrow as apprentice :) 23 database queries in 0.1465840 seconds