corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Talk to me about anti lag

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Talk to me about anti lag
Gareth

User status: Offline
26th Aug 10 at 02:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i have it on my p1 was told not to use it by the previous owner as its aggressive and chews the turbo, although when i had it mapped i was told its ok to run it until the egt gauge reaches 700 degrees then turn it off.

I have used it reving on the spot for 10 seconds or so but never driven with it on, i quite fancy using it but not if its gonna fook my turbo as i dont think it can be rebuilt. will need a whole new core so around 1400 with fitting etc.

Has anyone else got it? Do you use it? opinions?

cheers..
Ellis

26th Aug 10 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good friend of mine also has it on his P1, he uses Simtek management but the anti-lag is pretty mild mannered TBH. Not sure if it destroys a turbo if you use it in moderation but out of interest what turbo are you running? He's running a TD05 20G IIRC.
3CorsaMeal

26th Aug 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really want it, just to annoy the neighbours
jr

26th Aug 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all to do with heat transfer iirc through the turbo shaft itself, i seam to remember all the big power yb's runing AL used to use marum (sp) shaft turbos which either disapated or where more ressitant fromt the high temps that built up when running AL
Cybermonkey

26th Aug 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did a rally experience day in an evo6 with anti-lag, it was running an aftermarket turbo but got smashed all day long, the guy said they only service it every couple of months.
3CorsaMeal

26th Aug 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you & me are the most useful guys on here CM
chrex

26th Aug 10 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea the main problem is the heat. The turbo is sitting there spinning, and if you are sat still, there's no air going over intercooler or coming into engine bay, so thats air and engine bay temps getting high...and then the internal temp (components) of the turbo also climbs quick.

If you've got an uprated turbo, they can take it pretty well...but standard turbo's arent really designed for it.

Its not down to servicing...its literally down to the heat thats generated through extended use...and how well the metal components can handle it.

[Edited on 26-08-2010 by chrex]
Wrighty

26th Aug 10 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your still on your standard ihi turbo..wouldnt use it too much. what management? chances are any road going anti lag stuff is kinda watered down..

got simtek on mine, cant really even see me using it otr
Gareth

26th Aug 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im running a GT3076R with gems ecu, was told its the ecu the rally boys use.

So i should be ok if i keep an eye on the egt temps, does it put more stress on the engine itself or worst case scenerio is a fooked turbo?
Wrighty

27th Aug 10 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

should be alright playing around with it on a gt30 but unless your using is purposefully why bother at all.
philip2

27th Aug 10 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate tried it on his cossy powered mini....made 0.5bar boost positive on idle....he shit it as turbo went see through it got that hot that quick. never touched it again, same with another mate on his vw powered dragster...tried it last week, pops and bangs and everything egts hot very quick, soon switched it off. it does fuck turbos up and pretty quick.

mates cossy had £2k worth of turbo and im sure that was 2nd hand, to run anti-lag properly you need the turbo to be marlam shafted of something like that otherwise you'll kill it very quick.

[Edited on 27-08-2010 by philip2]
Kurt

27th Aug 10 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi
c20let

27th Aug 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got it on my evo. I don't use it that much really. Mine cuts out when temps reach a certain level.
All hell breaks loose with it on
I'm running it with autronic.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Talk to me about anti lag 23 database queries in 0.0122800 seconds