corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Holiday pay when leaving a job

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Holiday pay when leaving a job
Adam C
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Aug 10 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not so clued up on this, and having trouble finding a clear cut answer via google, so wondered if anyone can help or provide a link?

Basically got offered a new job today, so need to hand my notice in to my current employer, my question is Ive got alot of un-used holiday hours left to book off, now as Im leaving do I have any rite to reiceve whatever un-booked holiday I have left in money form in my last wage packet or can my employer (Halfords) just say no and refuse it?

Do they have to give it to you by law or is it a case of asking and you'll either get a yes or no?

Cheers in advance

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Aaron

27th Aug 10 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They have to give it to you by law IIRC. I've just left a job, and our HR person worked out that i was entitled to 10.5 days extra pay in my pay slip at the end of the month. This was worked out by taking the number of holidays i have left to take (pretty much all of them), and then working that out against how long is left of the fiscal year (when our holidays run to and from)

[Edited on 27-08-2010 by Aaron]
Aaron

27th Aug 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh...the Mrs has just jumped in and said that this info could/should be in your contract. If it doesnt say anything about it in there, then i THINK they have to pay you it. But, i could be wrong.
John

27th Aug 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think they can also make you take it as part of your notice period instead.
Andrew

27th Aug 10 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I owe the company holidays if i leave
Adam C
Premium Member

27th Aug 10 at 15:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I've checked my contract and this is what it mentions:

.On leaving the company, payment for outstanding holiday entitlement will be on the basis of one twelfth of your annual entitlement for each complete calendar month worked in the current year, less any holiday taken.

dan_m1les

27th Aug 10 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah so they should pay you for the outstanding days if any?

If you got 24 days holiday every 12 months, and you were 10 months through the working year, and had only take 10 days holiday.

they owe you 10 days worth of pay???

I think
Adam C
Premium Member

27th Aug 10 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im struggling to figure it out

Problem is my holiday isn't in days, its in hours.

Im entitled to 60 hours as I was only part time working on a guaranteed 10 hour week, Ive already taken off 20 hours so have 40 hours left.
And our holiday year started in April iirc.

I just thought that if I had 40 hours left then they would pay me my hourly rate x 40, but Im probably very wrong.

John

27th Aug 10 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll get 40 hours minus 4 months worth of hours (that's if the holiday year starts in January)
Cosmo

27th Aug 10 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they have to give it you, all that is on about in your contract is how to pro-rata it.
Aaron

27th Aug 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Yeah they have to give it you, all that is on about in your contract is how to pro-rata it.

This.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Holiday pay when leaving a job 24 database queries in 0.0109100 seconds