corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » so my xe corsa ......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author so my xe corsa ......
Jay

User status: Offline
31st Aug 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
he came out of a petrol station and started racing a scooby, how many petrol stations do you know in the middle of nowhere?

Could of been in a services on the motorway
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

31st Aug 10 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know for a fact i didnt build my XE to nancy about in it.
There is a time and a place and i get plenty of fun out mine.

gidged500
Premium Member

31st Aug 10 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys for definding me and someone mentioned earlier that it was in a straight line on a duel carrigeway plus i knew two of the guys and the roads were empty hell im not doing a ton20 through the town centre
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

1st Sep 10 at 07:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had yours off the clocks yet fella?
philip2

1st Sep 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how has this topic gone from cost of an LET to racing etc?

fuck me ive raced people at meets, on the bypass, etc. i get annoyed when people say oh you shouldnt race, do this and do that.

people do it, and if they have any common sense, they pick where they have a race/play sensibly, read the road ahead etc, even my dad and his mates still have a play about. i would have a play on the bypass at 10/11pm at night in the dry on the bypass's by me with someone else...as the roads would be virtually dead, id always back off if i thought another road user on inside lane may pull out to overtake a car...and id never be a dickhead and try racing at 5pm when roads are busy. its all common sense really

if you want to let your motor its about £100 for an LET and another £300 for the box.

£900 for engine, box and loom, ecu is hoping. and if it was me and like i say to everyone, id rebuild the thing first, that way you know it will last.

people who budget build are just waitng for something to break(borrowed time imo)
gidged500
Premium Member

1st Sep 10 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha ha I know it definatley went off topic ! So 900 then realistically and get it rebuilt what box do you use ? And would I have to buy new mounts or anything or does it just drop in on my xe mounts ?
gez bay

1st Sep 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your xe mounts will be the same, just when going for a let, i'd think of putting strengthening plate kit on the corsa, and stronger shafts if you havent already.
philip2

1st Sep 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to rebuild the long motor yourself your looking about £430 in just the parts....headset, sumpset, big ends, mains, headbolts, rings, water pump, oil pump, belt kit.

you want an f28 6speed so would need a different front box mount and different gear linkage.
gidged500
Premium Member

1st Sep 10 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no havnt had it off the clocks yet they go to 130 though ha ha

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » so my xe corsa ...... 23 database queries in 0.0120399 seconds