corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Windows Media Centre

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windows Media Centre
A2H GO

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 10 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just set this up so i can watch iPlayer on my TV and stream my films from my laptop through my Xbox.

Trouble is, its running unuseably slow and disconnecting every so often.

I stream films all the time through the xbox but normally just through media sharing using windows media player and it worked perfectly.

The media centre runs really quickly on the laptop iteslf, is it more to do with the wireless connection?

I use a wireless route that o2 sent me when i took out the BB and its in the same room as the laptop and xbox. I get full wireless signal but in the MCE setup the strength bars only went to half way( not reaching HD).

Should i be able to get it to run smoothly with my spec laptop, not sure if this is the information you need to be able to tell:

Chris
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 10 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be a network bandwidth problem, you carnt really shift more than a 700mb divx over wireless.

Also if you have devices that are not 802.11g on the network, uses time devision so will slow the whole thing down.

best bet is either to copy to hdd on play via usb or get a cross over cable to stream of 1000gb, allowing streaming of blurays

New Poll