corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Quick ways to raise cardio vascular fitness?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick ways to raise cardio vascular fitness?
jibjob

User status: Offline
4th Sep 10 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Essentially im going into the army hopefully within the next month or so and need to raise my cardio vascular fitness quite a bit

I can do a mile in just over 10mins (11mins on a bad day) but im near enough dead after it and my lungs feel like they are bleeding How can i improve my fitness and quickly? I don't think the actual running part is that bad i think its just the recovery afterwards and then how id go on with doing exercise either side of the run.

Im eating healthy, drinking a lot of water, reduced the amount i smoke considerably and just taking a lot better care of myself. Im doing more runs but i dont get time to go down to the gym so what else is there i can do at home?

purcell7

4th Sep 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd just say its more time training thats needed!! but things like hill sprints will really kill/progress your fitness!! i think basically its push yourself as much as possible with as much of a decent diet as posible
jibjob

4th Sep 10 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate. Think i need to find somewhere to do short uphill sprints aswel as long flat runs.
p

5th Sep 10 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair mr jib job, the only way you will improve CV is by actually doing it. Either running, cycling, the rowing machine, or the step machine. Don't just use one machine, try them all out. If you could get to a gym every day, and raise the amount of time you do, you would get a lot fitter.
ashleh

5th Sep 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Google HIIT.
MarkM

5th Sep 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ashleh
Google HIIT.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Quick ways to raise cardio vascular fitness? 24 database queries in 0.0112069 seconds