corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » do different cars make you drive different?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author do different cars make you drive different?
mike56gte

User status: Offline
6th Sep 10 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i thrashed my old corsa sport, ek civic, and nova gte then got a mk3 astra gsi and only drive it quick every so often. xe corsa going back on the road this week. probably drive that a quicker more often but think i have just grown up a bit cant be bothered thrashing cars they just dont last if you do.

[Edited on 06-09-2010 by mike56gte]
Scotty C

6th Sep 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck yes. In old bags of crap i'm always sat back, chilled out. But in my Corsa I always tend to lean forward and drive a bit harder. Don't know why..
Ash_EP3

6th Sep 10 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say yes...

Stereotypically when you're young and you've just passed your test... you tend to get something small with a small engine, so you end up driving it semi-hard just to keep up with traffic, and flat out in 1st, 2nd and 3rd around town because it feels quick and the freedom of driving is epic....

Moving on, most people tend to go bigger and newer so there is no need to rag the tits off it just to keep up with your average joe as you're probably on the same wave length!

From my previous cars:

106 1.1, 4spd, 60bhp - used to give it death in 1st and 2nd (so to about 45mph ), other than that I wouldn't bother as it was sooo fooking slow!

Corsa Sport 1.6 16v, 5spd, 106bhp - felt so much quicker than the 106 so used to give it the beans to start with... also had a lot of people trying to race me as it was the whole "boy racer in a modified corsa"...

Civic Type R 2ltr 16v, 6spd, 200bhp - Again quicker and handled a lot better than the old corsa... drove the nuts off it initially... now just drive conservatively - give it a blast every now and then, get the odd occasion where someone else in a hot hatch or sports car wants a play...

All depends on driver attitude and the reason they bought the car...
Andrew

6th Sep 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just try and be sensible now. Not worth the risks on public roads. Plus, people keep shouting at me
M666TT C

6th Sep 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i drive like a twat on public roads. Especially past schools at 3:15

Gareth F

6th Sep 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The corsa got death everywhere but now ive got the golf all i seem to do is stare at the mpg
Makes me drive like a granny
chrex

6th Sep 10 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved driving my old corsas and i enjoyed driving them hard, both the x14xe and the 20SEH, but they dont come close the the satisfaction and intensive driving experience that the ATR gives.

i know the roads and the times when they are quiet around here. That does make a difference. Normally...at night, i'll drive nice in the 30's...and then as soon as i see that white circle...its game on.

i love the Jekyl/Hyde feel that the ATR's got. So it can do either, and do either well. Thing is...its not really happy unless its getting battered...

[Edited on 06-09-2010 by chrex]
Gareth F

6th Sep 10 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love mine when it whistles and leaves trails of black smoke
richc

6th Sep 10 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thrash the megane now and again, but i mjority of the time i just cruise along at the speed limit everywhere as i still find it enjoyable to drive slow with the stiff suspension, bucket seats etc!

I seem to drive the cars that arnt suppose to go fast....faster!

Such as tdi passats at work

Thrash the land rover all time etc

Kurt

6th Sep 10 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
I used to proper hammer my Corsa most of the time and drove my £300 shitter hyundai like a right twat but the VX220 i take it down a couple of notches as i know what happens when it goes just a little bit wrong

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » do different cars make you drive different? 23 database queries in 0.0100658 seconds