corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » headunit fitting help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author headunit fitting help
alan t

User status: Offline
6th Sep 10 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right folks need some help here, bought a double din headunit for my astra, also got told i needed a fascia adapter and steering wheel control adapter so even more expense!

when i take the surround from the headunit and place it inside the fascia it doesnt fit, it fits length wise but its too tall, here is a picture.

proper astra h fascia plate

and the headunit surround in the fascia plate

also the headunit cage is to big to fit in the fascia adapter

oh and this is the headunit

i would have thought that all double din headunits would be the same size but this one isnt fitting the fascia adapter as you can see from the pics, will it be a different size because it has a screen on it?

anyone have any suggestions on what to do? i will buy another fascia adapter if needed, or could trimming the bottom of my current one work?

trying to get it fitted asap as having to use cd's again is a nightmare! need to get it fitted so i can listen to my ipod again

any help would be much appreciated guys
alan t

6th Sep 10 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry for the poor pictures as well, using a old camera and its shocking lol
Gary
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get the dremel and plastic weld out if it was me.

Gary
Premium Member

6th Sep 10 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, will it fit without the adaptor?
alan t

6th Sep 10 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not to sure if it will fit without the adapter or not, managed to trim it down a bit anyway so it looks like it should fit in now, will try fitting it to the car after work tomorrow, may need a little more trimmed off but hopefully will fit

New Poll