corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Media Centre PC help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Media Centre PC help
Neil

User status: Offline
7th Sep 10 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm building a media centre pc for my parents, but it's been years since I've built anything media wise (I have 2 of my own that are now a bit dated and don't like full 1080p hd).

Anyway, was wondering if you guys might beable to help.. will onboard graphics from a motherboard that has HDMI out (such as: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/200985) beable to output full 1080p HD? or will I need a dedicated HD graphics card to do that?

Basically trying to build them something that looks good and can play full HD, but for not a huge amount of money, probably £300-400 max, so being able to output full HD with onboard graphics on a mobo would be a big help, but as I say I have no idea
Rob_Quads

8th Sep 10 at 07:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get the right onboard graphics you will be fine i.e. I have a Atom with the ION2 and it does all the decoding onboard. It will play full bluray 1080p without any problems.

ssj_kakarot

8th Sep 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah that will work fine, tbf if you use coreAVC codec to decode HD files you can get away with a lot less spec wise.
Neil

8th Sep 10 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great! that's the codec i already use on my media centres. Cheers

New Poll