corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Whats a reasonable age for a child to have a mobile?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whats a reasonable age for a child to have a mobile?
ed

User status: Offline
11th Sep 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad put me onto his business contract when I was young as I never had my phone topped up and payg was such a rip off. I never had £4k bills, how do you even get a bill that big
Eck
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 13:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To this day I have no idea Monthly bills averaged about £350. Several thousand texts didn't help
ed

11th Sep 10 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jeeeeeez
Graeme
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got mine when I was 16 and that was only because I had a 50cc bike so didn't really need it incase of anything happened.
bubble

11th Sep 10 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to all the people that are saying "we survived without them so they dont need one at 9" etc, has no arguement.

at one stage we survived without tv, and computers, and countless other things, but technology has evolved to help us.

when i have kids, i have no problems in them having a phone from about 8 or 9 as at this age they are out and about, and its security to be able to contact them.
Joe

11th Sep 10 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd have hated it if my bint of a mother could get in touch with me when I was young and care free. Last year or so of high school imo if they must have one.
Eck
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
I'd have hated it if my bint of a mother could get in touch with me when I was young and care free. Last year or so of high school imo if they must have one.

It was fucking hellish as a youth with a phone. Getting pissed at mates and the dads number pops up... do you ignore it or do your best sober impression?! Either way you're fucked
DannyB
Premium Member

11th Sep 10 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember when my mate got the first camera phone, we was all amazed, I think on a picture of someone you could just make out the outline of them
Ian W

11th Sep 10 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Back in my day when you wanted to get hold of your mates you phoned the house phone

Plus once you where out that was that, no parents phoning you up mid way through downing your cider
Andrew

12th Sep 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my first one when i was 16.

In all honestly, as soon as you let a child out of site these days i'd make sure they had a phone.
Kurt

12th Sep 10 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm 23 Ive had one since high school, did no one else?

It's just about being able to talk to your mates at school, I don't see the problem really
chr15barn3s

12th Sep 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
snake! forgot all about that I changed the aerial on mine to one that was clear with little LEDs in it that started flashing just before you were about to receive a call or text message

Haha yes! Me too, thought it was the coolest thing ever when I was 13.
Sam
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the local idiot kids around here (7 and up) have mobile phones.

I personally didn't have a mobile phone until I was 16 and had my first job - granted it was under my brother's contract as I don't think I was old enough to get a contract out in my own name at the time, but then we are talking about 14 years ago here, PAYG didn't exist I don't think.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
12th Sep 10 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my first one when I was 19.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking back I think I must've been about 12 when I got my first phone, one of these badboys

I didn't think it was that early on, can't see why I'd have needed a phone then tbh, I took a pasting when I was 14 tho because someone wanted my phone and I didn't wanna give it up so he left me unable to open my right eye for a week instead and that is why, you don't need a phone at 14
DannyB
Premium Member

12th Sep 10 at 13:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You was cool if you had a pager back when I was in high school, at the start of high school no one had phones until about year 9.
Ben D

12th Sep 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I got my first one when I was 19.

How many decades ago was this?
Whittie

12th Sep 10 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say 11 when they go to "big school".
Whittie

12th Sep 10 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I remember getting a contract phone when I was 14-15 in my mums name. First bill was £20.00 second was £900.

Said contract was closed and I was put on pay as you go, untill I matured and learnt not to spunk money away

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Whats a reasonable age for a child to have a mobile? 23 database queries in 0.0141950 seconds