corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Induction Pipework

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Induction Pipework
mar_cus

User status: Offline
14th Sep 10 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, i was wondering what people used on there x16 / c16 with the powerbox manifold to link there air filter to the throttle body, what diameter pipe do they use as well?

I'm looking at this at the moment: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310221694624&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Any good? Pictures would be good too!
shaunmods
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres a pic of mine mate 60mm, 45 degree Roose one

mar_cus

14th Sep 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice is that on a x16 throttle body? And what have you done with your afm?
shaunmods
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its an x16 mate so no AFM
mar_cus

14th Sep 10 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh, well mine is a C16 so it does have one well a "Air Mass Meter"... i'm presuming they are the same? And the diameter is different on it than the throttle body...so i may have to make some adjustments! Any ideas?
shaunmods
Premium Member

14th Sep 10 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmm. You could maybe use a silicone joiner to go between the AFM and the throttle body? Like this -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/63mm-2-1-2-coupler-joiner-Black-Silicon-Silicone-hose-/300452543662?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f45dfcae

Then try and find a fairly short 45 degree angle induction pipe as I don't think you'd have enough room with the one I've got
mar_cus

14th Sep 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been looking at things like this but the AFM outer diameter is 70mm and the throttle body is 60, i was thinking of buying a 45 degree and cut it down with a link on and then the filter! Its like an extra £10 for a little link of silicon haha, silly prices!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Induction Pipework 23 database queries in 0.0128610 seconds