corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Insurance Due

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car Insurance Due
p

User status: Offline
21st Sep 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So crazy. Trying to insure one of my cars (little Corsa C) so I've done all the usual, go compare, elephant, and like. The most common price was around 470 pounds, and the most ridiculous prices were around 1500 quid. I did find one website that gave me a quote of 350 pounds. I mean the difference in the amounts is just laughable, and so extreme as well. How can some insurance companies quote me over 1 thousand pounds more than my cheapest option.

But who does every one else use ?
Eddx14xe

21st Sep 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a quote once for £99,999 for a lexus IS200.

The car was only around £2000-3000 to buy

[Edited on 21-09-2010 by Eddx14xe]
Pop

21st Sep 10 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadee
So crazy. Trying to insure one of my cars (little Corsa C) so I've done all the usual, go compare, elephant, and like. The most common price was around 470 pounds, and the most ridiculous prices were around 1500 quid. I did find one website that gave me a quote of 350 pounds. I mean the difference in the amounts is just laughable, and so extreme as well. How can some insurance companies quote me over 1 thousand pounds more than my cheapest option.

Because they don't want you as a risk as much as others do and are pricing themselves out of it.
Mase
Premium Member

21st Sep 10 at 22:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a quote of £5500 on my Focus from Performance Direct. I ended up paying £800 elsewhere! To be fair though, I did get three quotes within about £30 of one another, it was just the excess that put them out the running, it was this one at £5.5k that stuck out a tad...

Mase
p

21st Sep 10 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:

Because they don't want you as a risk as much as others do and are pricing themselves out of it.

But I'm 24 with 5 years no claims and never any claims or accidents in my 7 years of driving
Pop

22nd Sep 10 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:

But I'm 24 with 5 years no claims and never any claims or accidents in my 7 years of driving

That's great, but if the underwriters have decided they are targetting 30+ year olds as they have too many people in their 20's on the books then the price won't be as great. Just shop around and you will find insurers who will be competitive for you as you are in their captive market.
sc0ott

22nd Sep 10 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
I got a quote once for £99,999 for a lexus IS200.

The car was only around £2000-3000 to buy

[Edited on 21-09-2010 by Eddx14xe]

What made you decline?
3CorsaMeal

22nd Sep 10 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Admiral multicar i've just gone with, insured both of my cars for under £800

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car Insurance Due 24 database queries in 0.0894530 seconds