corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Where can you buy 'graded' products?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Where can you buy 'graded' products?
A2H GO

User status: Offline
4th Oct 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im talking about direct from the manufacturers/warehouse.

For example, there's a guy on eBay selling Babyliss i-Trims, one of the latest models for £14.99. He must have got them for less than this to be making a profit yet the older model with non-digital screen is still selling for over double this in Boots etc.

Do they write letters to the manufacturers asking to buy any unwanted stock?

For those who aren't aware, 'graded' products are those that usually have minor imperfections, such as scratches/knocks caused as part of the manufacturing/packaging process and so the companies are unable to sell them as 'new'.

[Edited on 04-10-2010 by A2H GO]
Gary
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 14:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just email the sales dept of the manufacturers.

Cant see them selling direct to you unless you buy a large quantity but they would prob pass you onto someone who buys them in bulk
A2H GO

4th Oct 10 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glb
Just email the sales dept of the manufacturers.

Cant see them selling direct to you unless you buy a large quantity but they would prob pass you onto someone who buys them in bulk

Worth a shot i guess.
A2H GO

4th Oct 10 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been checking this website out:

http://www.uk-liquidation.co.uk/c/buyer/index.html

It looks to be similar to eBay for returned/refurbished products. You bid, if you win you pay your winning bid + 5% and shipping and the items are posted out to you.

In my case i'd then list them on eBay as used and factor in their 10% charge and Paypal charges.

Suppose it all depends how much the products go for on that site.

Gary
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 14:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.xcatreturns.com/stocks.html

boom!
A2H GO

4th Oct 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by glb
http://www.xcatreturns.com/stocks.html

boom!

Saved to favourites, will have a good browse later.
DaveyLC

4th Oct 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can normally buy these from Pallet auctions. Google "Pallet Auction"
A2H GO

4th Oct 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
You can normally buy these from Pallet auctions. Google "Pallet Auction"

**Goes off to google***
Sam
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally wouldn't bother buying 'graded' items wholesale. In my experience, most of the time you just get complete shite - i.e. things missing/broken, if you're using eBay to sell them on for profit you'd be lucky to break even.

I would advise simply buying end of line products, because you will at least know that they are still brand new and you are more likely to make a profit on them.

An example of such site: http://www.bigoffers.co.uk/

Unless you are buying shitloads of stuff and have several thousand pounds to spend on stock, I'd stick with buying small cheap items like make-up (one of my customers does this and even sells this stuff on a market stall in Birmingham every week as well as on his website!), cheapie computer/electronics cables/devices etc. for now.

[Edited on 04-10-2010 by Sam]
A2H GO

4th Oct 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just trying to roughly work out the profit on this.

Take for example this auction if you went for the BIN price(as with eBay im sure it would be less if you won auction items):

http://www.uk-liquidation.co.uk/auction/view?id=3693723&convertTo=GBP

£609 + 5% + shipping = Approx £670

A quick look on eBay with the model numbers confirms the two TV's sell for approx £400 and £700 respectively, minus 15% eBay/Paypal charges = £935.

Links:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=LG+47LG5500+&_sacat=See-All-Categories

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/42-LG-42LF65-XD-ENGINE-FULL-HD-1080p-FREEVIEW-LCD-TV-/370440908904?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Televisions&hash=item563fffb068

Therefore a possible £265 profit.

A2H GO

4th Oct 10 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
I personally wouldn't bother buying 'graded' items wholesale. In my experience, most of the time you just get complete shite - i.e. things missing/broken, if you're using eBay to sell them on for profit you'd be lucky to break even.

I would advise simply buying end of line products, because you will at least know that they are still brand new and you are more likely to make a profit on them.

An example of such site: http://www.bigoffers.co.uk/

Unless you are buying shitloads of stuff and have several thousand pounds to spend on stock, I'd stick with buying small cheap items like make-up (one of my customers does this and even sells this stuff on a market stall in Birmingham every week as well as on his website!), cheapie computer/electronics cables/devices etc. for now.

[Edited on 04-10-2010 by Sam]

What price range per item would you suggest in that case for starting out, £5-10 per item?
Sam
Premium Member

4th Oct 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what you want to sell?

If you are planning on doing an eBay only business (which it sounds like you are?) then you should try to find out what's popular (i.e. sells often) on there.

You can take a look at eBay Pulse to see what people commonly search for (this is free), but if you want to look at completed listing data in report format for everything on eBay you'll have to pay for that - places like Terapeak do this.
DaveyLC

4th Oct 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

Thats nearly a 50% return.

Pretty good.. Problem is you will need to sell as a trader and thus you will have some liability for returns etc. which can cut into your margin.
A2H GO

4th Oct 10 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Depends what you want to sell?

If you are planning on doing an eBay only business (which it sounds like you are?) then you should try to find out what's popular (i.e. sells often) on there.

You can take a look at eBay Pulse to see what people commonly search for (this is free), but if you want to look at completed listing data in report format for everything on eBay you'll have to pay for that - places like Terapeak do this.

I'll take a look at that later too.

Just as an example, on that site you posted you can buy a 4 pack of sharpie marker pens for £0.79, looking on eBay the cheapest seller of the same pack of 4 is £2.99 delivered ranging to £3.79. Therefore a possible profit of £2 per pack after delivery but before charges. I know its small but got to start somewhere.

Like you say though, its if people want to buy the produt you're offering... and lots of them.

A2H GO

4th Oct 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

Thats nearly a 50% return.

Pretty good.. Problem is you will need to sell as a trader and thus you will have some liability for returns etc. which can cut into your margin.

True. Is there a limit to the amount of products you can sell before you are classed as a trader, ie. How would eBay know? I understand that buying an product to sell on at a profit is classed as trading but at what point would they find out.
DaveyLC

4th Oct 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might find that the pens are all dry though! LOL

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Where can you buy 'graded' products? 23 database queries in 0.0229490 seconds