corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need new tyres 195/45/16R please rate these

Poll: Need new tyres 195/45/16R please rate these
  Toyo Proxes T1-R
  Toyo Proxes PX4
  Uniroyal Rainsport 2
  Other Please say what

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need new tyres 195/45/16R please rate these
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
7th Oct 10 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need new tyre's on the corsa it's a c sri & only a 1.4 but it's lowered on eibach spring's so get's abit of abuse in corner's how ever my eagle f1's are gone now so need some new one's dont want to fork out as much as the eagles so looked at a few do any of you have them or tried them would you rate them? but if any one no's any other mid range ones worth going for fire away

Ta

[Edited on 07-10-2010 by SXI - Matt]
Wrighty_1988

7th Oct 10 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rainsports, wouldnt buy any tyre else anymore. Had t1r's but they werent as good when caining it to work in the wet hoping not to be late
Fonz
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't vote as I'd recommend the RainSports2 and Toyo T1-Rs

I had the UniRoyals on when i had my Corsa based on the recommendation on here saying they we equally as good as F1s

Toyos I have on my MX5 (again afetr recommendation) and really do grip! both in wet and dry I can't fault them, ok in the wet there is less grip but only if pushed (typically on a roundabout when i am in a playful mood wanting the rear to step out!)

so in summary you've a very good shortlist, and i recommend personally the top two
marklawton

7th Oct 10 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

toyos wear down to quick in my experiance. not tryed the new rainsports but i have had the first ones and they were spot on
Neo

7th Oct 10 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said other, maybe slightly more expensive but Hankook K107 S1 Evo's are great, really hard to get hold of but black circles have them atm for £66 a corner.

They are good in the wet, acceptable in the dry, take quite a bit of abuse and don't seem to let go. I don't think you'd have any problems with a 1.4 tbh.
DaveyLC

7th Oct 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

KU-31's.
Ellis

7th Oct 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Urinals were good on my XE
Daveskater
Premium Member

7th Oct 10 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ellis

I had Toyo Proxes 4 on my car when I bought it, absolutely awful tyres they were. Wore down insanely fast and had no grip in any situation ever On the way to work there's a manhole cover in the road pretty much lined up with the left side wheels, and even just cruising along and not accelerating, the n/s/f wheel would spin on this cover when it's wet. Not having that problem with Yoko S Drives.

I have heard the Uniroyals are good but not tried them myself. S Drives are about the same price as the T1-R anyway so I would (and did) go for them personally.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
AlunJ

7th Oct 10 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
KU-31's.

these aren't bad for the price
SXI - Matt

7th Oct 10 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm after quite a long life tyre with in reason as in the eagle f1's haven't lasted to long at all when you said the toyos wore quick how quick we talking?
Neo

7th Oct 10 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want long lasting get a decent michelin, mine did 27k and could have gone for another 4 or 5k, rears had done 48 and still didnt need doing.

Just be preparred to pay for them
alan-g-w

8th Oct 10 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had the PX4s and the Uniroyals, have tried T1-Ss that are quite similair to the T1-Rs all on the XE.

The PX4s are ok in the dry, I'd be able to push them almost as far as EF1s. But as Daveskater said, in the wet they are truly awful. Everywhere's like driving on wet glass and you need to slow down to a crawl for corners because they give you next to no confidence. Also agree with the fact that they wear too fast.

T1-Rs, can't really comment but the T1-Ss were a cheaper tyre and were miles better than the 4s. In the dry they were pretty much as good as EF1s and they handled the wet fine.

I've got 4 Rainsport 2s on the XE just now and I can't really fault them - I would definetely have gone for EF1s again but the price tempted me to try these. In the dry they're as good as the goodyears and they're the same as the F1s in the wet - next to no difference and unless I give it beans mid corner it's hard to get them to let go. The only bad thing I'd say about them is that the sidewalls feel soft - the car feels a bit 'wallowy' sometimes on them.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Need new tyres 195/45/16R please rate these 24 database queries in 0.3851881 seconds