corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Washed!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Washed!
John

User status: Offline
9th Oct 10 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't get 2k, especially with that description, you're aiming at it a small market to start with, who will probably spend 2k on something quicker round a track to start with, 172's can be had for not much more now and they're quite a bit newer.
mantamark

9th Oct 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've used the accept offers bit, so i will see what offers i get & make a descision from there.
alan-g-w

9th Oct 10 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
It won't get 2k, especially with that description, you're aiming at it a small market to start with, who will probably spend 2k on something quicker round a track to start with, 172's can be had for not much more now and they're quite a bit newer.

Bit off topic but I'd love to race a 172 round a track in the XE, I don't think it'd be as clear cut as you're making out.

mantamark, the description could do with being a bit more friendly if anything - it's almost as if you're assuming a scammer's going to come and look at it. Don't get me wrong, there's not much wrong with it but I've seen adverts done in that style before and it's put me off.

I've never understood putting 'sold as seen', that would actually make me not view the car. It seems like you know there's something up with it and you're just covering your arse. Fair enough when cars were selling fine but just now you need to do everything possible to try and get a sale, especially if you're asking over the odds.
John

9th Oct 10 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never driven either round track so can't comment, 172 was just the first example that came to mind, I don't like them.
mantamark

9th Oct 10 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always say sold as seen, no matter how i sell a car, had too many tossers trying to come back to say stuff like, oh this is broken, i want my money back, or this isnt what you said it was, someone has even come back before because the car was too loud.

I appreciate the input, but i'm not a friendly description guy, i just write it how i see it i guess.

Too many bad experiences or hear of too many people getting humped by idiots.
alan-g-w

9th Oct 10 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye I know what you mean mate, it's just the last 3 or 4 paragraphs that seem a bit like it.
mantamark

9th Oct 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will have a go at rewriting it, but i dont know how else to word it tbh.

Cheers for the input though.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Washed! 23 database queries in 0.0117071 seconds