corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 8v corsa b air box?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 8v corsa b air box?
Piér

User status: Offline
9th Oct 10 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As in title, what the hell is in there?
My mate just got his and I looked in and was going to take it out and drill it for him, not for performance but for noise as he wants some noise bless him!

I know the EGR is attached to recirculate the exhaust gases, however, the cold air feed coming from the grill into the box, there is a flap with some sort of electronic device attached to it that can close over the cold air feed to stop it getting cold air? WTF?!
What's is for?

Any help is much appriciated

Thanks.
JaffaTB

9th Oct 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EGR not on the airbox mate, that flap just controls whether warm air is sucked into the engine to help with starting i think, mines not connected anyway
Piér

9th Oct 10 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ok mate thats cool, you sure about the EGR? There is pipe going from the exhaust manifold into the airbox? Thought its the EGR?
JaffaTB

9th Oct 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah thats just to take hot air from the top of the exhaust manifold mate, it will just pull off, EGR is on the back of the intake manifold

New Poll