corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Have eBay gone mental? [UPDATE P2] /gdsn:S|DNglskgn

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Have eBay gone mental? [UPDATE P2] /gdsn:S|DNglskgn
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Oct 10 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could always get someone to manage the shop for you?
Xs

12th Oct 10 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The worst thing is they have no contact phone numbers and their email replies seem automated. They are robbing bastards and totally shafted me as a seller when someone didnt pay after winning an auction. In the end I had to pay almost £50 to a debt collection agency just to get them off my back, 3-4 calls a day 7 days a week.
Rich H

12th Oct 10 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was the retired parents and the sister when she was back from Uni - both don't like doing it anymore

Still took up a fair bit of my time then as I was always responding to emails / pm's / eBay questions asking for suggestions for certain colours etc, I'm on my last load of stock atm and will probably ditch it after that - all the rubbish from eBay recently too has helped to make that decision tbh!
Whittie

12th Oct 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
I think at the end of the day if you don't want the agro send the items RECORDED - that way the buyers can't pull a fast one on you and it's not that much more than standard delivery prices.

My general "Rule" is anything over £50, i'll send it recorded. As i've always been told if it does get lost, you have a proof of postage, if you lose, you can still claim your £41 + postage.

My actual eBay shop, sells a lot of phone chargers etc, I just send them as a first class packet, and not had any trouble at all. It's things like that, that make bugger all money thanks to eBay fees and Paypal fees, that make sending items recorded not worth it!

I can understand you sending Recorded Willay, some expensive stuff on the website of yours.

Things like phone chargers, and kettle leads, only make about a quid a time, how much extra is it to send recorded? I just can't deem it worth it.

I'm about to stick a load of portable DVD players on eBay, i'll certainly be sending them recorded, cba with hassle of the whole thing.

Rich - I know it can be a bit shit sometimes, but just keep at it, its making a name for your business.
Sam
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittington, maybe change your rule from £50 to say £10? That is what I tend to do.

In my experience, buyers tend not to fuck you around if you are selling an item with a trackable postage service. But yes things like leads and chargers no point sending it recorded (although you can obviously offer the option to the customer and they can pay extra for that).
Whittie

12th Oct 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, I think i'll have to now mate.

4 cases are in resolution center at the moment.

Laptop
Phone Charger "Not recieved"
Phone Data Cable "Not Recieved"
Printer Ink "Not As Described"
LeeM

12th Oct 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i rang ebay this morning after this thread reminded me and went mental at them saying theyre taking the piss and im closing my ebay and paypal account etc if they dont sort it out.
just got a message "the dispute has been settled in your favour" as the seller i was fucking amazed
Daveskater
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
quote:
Originally posted by Sam
I think at the end of the day if you don't want the agro send the items RECORDED - that way the buyers can't pull a fast one on you and it's not that much more than standard delivery prices.

In Alex's case for items such as that macbook, yeh should be done.

For me, it makes enough difference that nobody buys anything - I tried and as a result I barely sold a thing! It's got to the point I'm still mega busy with the other side of my business that I can't be doing with the hassle from the shop I'd rather just drop it than eat even further into small profit margins.
Maybe you could have a shop integrated into your website? Completely cut eBay out of the equation and just run it through the site and accept Paypal payments. That's what I'd do tbh

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Havoc
Banned

12th Oct 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

moral of the story, always send recorded.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always use recorded mail or parcel service with a tracking code.

deano87

12th Oct 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eBay is proper wank. Had some trouble selling one of my misses' Louis Vuitton hand bags and got absolutely raped for fees. One where the foreign (but in England) buyers clicked Buy It Now instead of selling. All contact was made through eBay and not outside via email, but I still had to pay the £15 fees.

One thing eBay don't broadcast about is they offer flat rates Parcelforce 24 and 48 for £10.99 and £11.99 no matter the weight. This is the most ideal way for bulkier items.
Whittie

3rd Nov 10 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ewgibeqibgqeib gq bgiebqgqe bglqieb gilqeg

CASE CLOSED

BUYER REFUNDED!
baza31

3rd Nov 10 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i mostly make them collect. only time i will post is if the money has cleared into my account, i wont use paypal. Its impossible to earn money when ebay charge there huge percentage then paypal who are owned by ebay take thier bit off. I usually end auction early for people to but, then i only pay for the listing fees which i dont mind

[Edited on 03-11-2010 by baza31]
Xs

3rd Nov 10 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
One thing eBay don't broadcast about is they offer flat rates Parcelforce 24 and 48 for £10.99 and £11.99 no matter the weight. This is the most ideal way for bulkier items.

They do? Be good if you could abuse this without selling on eBay?
Fro

3rd Nov 10 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alex this is exactly what happened with the phone i sold for you. Was sent recorded etc and there was proof it was delivered yet they still took the money back from my bank account
Whittie

3rd Nov 10 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sold a phone for me? I can't remember Did I give you the money back??
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd Nov 10 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always recoreded whatever happens, build the P&P into the cost and try not to make money on P&P either. Fact of life is people will try and get something for free if they can, so if your not sending it recorded they will try it on.

Also Royal Mail are fucking terrible, the amount of lost or damaged stuff I've seen over 5+ months makes me think again of sending ANYTHING normal class. I'm quite suprised all the bloody tickets I send for shows don't get lost tbh.
Whittie

3rd Nov 10 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Always recoreded whatever happens, build the P&P into the cost and try not to make money on P&P either. Fact of life is people will try and get something for free if they can, so if your not sending it recorded they will try it on.

Also Royal Mail are fucking terrible, the amount of lost or damaged stuff I've seen over 5+ months makes me think again of sending ANYTHING normal class. I'm quite suprised all the bloody tickets I send for shows don't get lost tbh.

Aye, I've just filled a LOST form out from the Royal Mail, supplied all details and original postal reciept....

Even thought it's freepost, i'm going to send it recorded, don't want them to lose it!

Do you get many people sending stuff back, or trying it on with the clothes site?
willay
Premium Member

3rd Nov 10 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We get people sending stuff after its worn.

We get people claiming they havent got it, after I confirm I've sent it to the right address and its been signed for then they are on their own.

We get returns every other day, but thats because we have a flexible policy and tbh we can sell most of the stock 10 times over.

I sent a claims form yesterday to RM and was worried about sending it free post too
Whittie

3rd Nov 10 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the site going well mate?

I hate little bastards who just keep trying it on Have you branched out to eBay yet, or you staying away from it?
Fro

3rd Nov 10 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aggggeeees ago yeah Nada compadre.
willay
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 15:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
Is the site going well mate?

I hate little bastards who just keep trying it on Have you branched out to eBay yet, or you staying away from it?

Started on ebay before the online shop but its abit long and our suppliers do not want their goods traded on ebay. Makes the brand look cheap.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Have eBay gone mental? [UPDATE P2] /gdsn:S|DNglskgn 24 database queries in 0.0157449 seconds