corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Talking of eBay pisstakes...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Talking of eBay pisstakes...
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Oct 10 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a few "D" size batteries to sell, someone from Portugal of all places won one of the auctions but failed to pay up or even respond to messages so I opened up a dispute case against him.

Had a message off him this morning:

quote:
hello dear seller,

sorry for the time, but I don't have to buy the batteries at this time. Someone gave me a clock, by my aniversary and, I needed some D size batteries. Latter, that day, I've discovered one pack on the local supermarket, my the price of your two. Sorry about that :\ have a nice day, and, please, remove the strike.

Steve
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 09:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noob
3CorsaMeal

12th Oct 10 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leave them bad feedback anyway, that will leave them in a world of pain for life
DaveyLC

12th Oct 10 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can't leave bad feedback to a buyer eBay Nazi's !
Xs

12th Oct 10 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had someone bid 520 on an item i had forsale then not pay. I opened a dispute and nothing happened, I didnt know you had to close it and just assumed with me having done nothing wrong all the blame would be on the bidder... I was wrong. Ebay got debt collectors to hassle me for the fee's of £58.76, calling my house 3-4 times a day. So I had to pay that for fuck all.
am4nf

12th Oct 10 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would I fuck, £58

They would have no chance

Clearly they would be able to see no monies had been paid to your paypal

[Edited on 12-10-2010 by am4nf]
Xs

12th Oct 10 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to pay it as every time this company phoned they were adding money on, so if i ignored it I would have someone chasing me for a 3k debt somewhere down the line.

eBay are cunts, basically shafted me for someone else not using their service properly.
Sam
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody eBay!

Just read this here:

quote:
The buyer has up to 4 days to send a payment after the case is opened.

quote:
If the buyer doesn’t pay, you need to manually close the case in the Resolution Centre within 36 days after the listing ended. If you haven't closed the case on the 37th day after the listing ended, eBay automatically closes it, and you don't receive a Final Value Fee credit. Also, an unpaid item won't be recorded on the buyer's account.

So basically, I now have to remember to close the case after 4 days of opening it if they don't pay me. FFS
Sam
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update - just closed the case, and it now says:

quote:
This unpaid item case has been closed. You will receive a Final Value Fee credit and the unpaid item will be recorded on the buyer's account.
Xs

12th Oct 10 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats where my problem came in, I never closed the case so eBay shafted me. I've never seen such bad customer service.
Whittie

12th Oct 10 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We should go to eBay HQ Sam / Xs, armed with AK-47s!

Had one this morning saying their golf balls i've sold them don't function properly... hang on.

quote:
hi, the golfballs u sold me i dont think are any good, i play better with other balls, its like they are made of lead, they dont go, anywhere at all, please advise of the next step to gettin refunded

My reply:

quote:
Hi there Bradley, I'm sorry to hear that the balls aren't helping your golf game, however, the other 15 people that bought a dozen of these balls are extremely happy, therefore, i'd have to say its you personally who needs a softer golf ball. Ask your local proshop to advise you, due to the product being new, and on the advert stating No Refunds if used, unfortunately I cannot issue a refund. Sorry about this. Good luck with your Golf!"

Some complete idiots on eBay tbf

[Edited on 12-10-2010 by Whittie]
Sam
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
Thats where my problem came in, I never closed the case so eBay shafted me. I've never seen such bad customer service.

You know, I only checked after you posted saying that you didn't close it yourself - I could have sworn it was an automatic thing in the past?

Thanks for the heads up though mate.

Maybe we should all write some sort of eBay selling guide for people on CS - on how not to get shafted by them/PayPal
Sam
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
We should go to eBay HQ Sam / Xs, armed with AK-47s!

<snip>

Your customer knows fuck all about golf it seems. The guy I do work for (runs a golf club refurb company) gets bollocks like this from people on a daily basis, there really are clueless morons out there
Xs

12th Oct 10 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried explaining this to them but they say its in their T&C's and I was in the wrong so had to pay. I ignored it and then along came the debt collectors. Got annoyed with them and said I would pay eBay who said to tell their debt collectors I was in talks with eBay and they would stop calling. They didnt and claimed I had to pay them and not eBay and even if I paid eBay they would continue to call for payment as the debt was now theirs.

So I paid then emailed eBay asking what they proposed to do about that and me having to pay additional money to get them off my back. They basically said "you're account is no active again, but to be able to sell in the future you need to set up an automatic payment so we know this will not happen again"

So not only have I had to pay £50 for nothing, I am not being held hostage to fee's should I want to sell again.

Think I will just close my account.
Sam
Premium Member

12th Oct 10 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easiest thing to do is set up a new eBay account using a different email address (you might need to do the same for PayPal too).
JaffaTB

12th Oct 10 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer to sell my stuff on gumtree now, no fees and no hassle posting stuff, I listed my sub on there and within 2 hours somebody txt me about it and came for it the next day

[Edited on 12-10-2010 by JaffaTB]
Jambo

12th Oct 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sam that's proper funny

I just get fed up with the usual idiots chancing their arm trying to get a buy it now item for a stupidly low offer by messaging you. Dicks

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Talking of eBay pisstakes... 23 database queries in 0.0126419 seconds