corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » that American Senator, sacked for dressing like a nazi...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author that American Senator, sacked for dressing like a nazi...
ryzer

User status: Offline
12th Oct 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read this in the times, but i cant get the article linked as they want me to pay £1. do one.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/10/12/2010-10-12_tea_partybacked_rich_iott_defends_wearing_nazi_waffen_ss_uniform_says_it_about_e.html

This chap was a fan of battle re-enactments, and historical fact that went with them, he has done reenactments from the american civil war and WW1.

but he is being media-bashed for dressing like a nazi, and normally i would say what a muppet. However, thinking about it, what exactly is so bad? are we supposed to forget about the detail now? just who won counts?

he was playing a waffen SS soldier, part of the elite 5th SS Panzer Division wiking, in one of their many firefights, they were an elite unit, well trained and had many victories that were won, in hard conditions and in tricky terrain, against the Soviet Red Army.

now, they were also linked to the murder of jews, who were executed by members of this unit.
also the infamous Josef Mengele, the main 'doctor' of death at auschwitz, served in this unit. Although when the unit found out they attempted to remove his name from their list of veterans.

my point is are we now supposed to forget the intricate details of how WW2 was won? forget the strategies, and the brave soldiers on both sides? - of course the holocaust was horrendous, but obviously this chap wasnt reenacting this!

Opinions please?
Root

13th Oct 10 at 08:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If humans continue to "hide" the fact this happened and be ashamed of it, it will happen again.

Surely, to learn everything that happened and to understand it would be better?

Political correctness gone mad all over the place these days
Ben G

13th Oct 10 at 08:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it's pathetic really.

if anybody dresses up like a jew or blackman or indian etc it's fine, but because it's a nazi uniform you get ruined.

people need to grow up, the media especially, always poking their noses in to shit that people really don't care about.

prince harry dressed up as a nazi and what happened? oh yeah, nothing. because people have better things in their lives to worry about.
Root

13th Oct 10 at 08:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
it's pathetic really.

if anybody dresses up like a jew or blackman or indian etc it's fine, but because it's a nazi uniform you get ruined.

people need to grow up, the media especially, always poking their noses in to shit that people really don't care about.

prince harry dressed up as a nazi and what happened? oh yeah, nothing. because people have better things in their lives to worry about.

quoted for truth. People should have better things to worry about than if someone is dressing as a nazi. It doesn't mean he supports nazism or is a nazi, he's just wearing the pissing outfit for a re-enactment, not even a giggle.
Ojc

13th Oct 10 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People need to fucking well wake the fuck up, this shit pisses me more than anything.

You have camp guards and you have fighting divisions of the SS, the fighting divisions of the SS were all of aryan descent from the Nordic countries and obviously Germany/Austria, all over 6ft tall and all highly trained with the best equipment.

The camp guards were looked down upon by the fighting divisions and any good journalist could find this out with 10 minutes of research on the internet.

But no, lets just call them all Nazis and tell everyone that they all killed Jews.

This to me is the Jewish issue, far too many of them in positions of power so we always get biased fucking reports.

You only have to look at the way the BBC report on the issues in Gaza, always sideing with the Israelis it's absolute fucking disgrace.

[Edited on 13-10-2010 by Ojc]
Cybermonkey

13th Oct 10 at 09:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
People need to fucking well wake the fuck up, this shit pisses me more than anything.

You have camp guards and you have fighting divisions of the SS, the fighting divisions of the SS were all of aryan descent from the Nordic countries and obviously Germany/Austria, all over 6ft tall and all highly trained with the best equipment.

The camp guards were looked down upon by the fighting divisions and any good journalist could find this out with 10 minutes of research on the internet.

But no, lets just call them all Nazis and tell everyone that they all killed Jews.

This to me is the Jewish issue, far too many of them in positions of power so we always get biased fucking reports.

You only have to look at the way the BBC report on the issues in Gaza, always sideing with the Israelis it's absolute fucking disgrace.

ryzer

13th Oct 10 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So glad that there are people who think the same thing as me, the times even put a Nazi swing on it, although they did mention that it was a fighting division, and mentioned the elite status, yes they were linked to the murder of innocent Jews, but this wasn't the entire division! And this bloke was trying to preserve history, just look at the ignorant comments from American idiots in the link! Although i was glad someone pointed out the obvious that this guy wasn't a Nazi.

I mean do we Judge the American bombers who decimated 2 entire cities? Killing more civilians than the holocaust? (japan)

Ojc, you have it spot on chap, the media is so pro Jewish it's unbelievable sometimes.

[Edited on 13-10-2010 by ryzer]
oceansoul

13th Oct 10 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Americans won the war single handedly and all Nazis/Germans were and still are pure EVIL!
Ben G

13th Oct 10 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

austrians tbh
Ojc

13th Oct 10 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going fucking mad here, gonna invade Poland with Steve.
Root

13th Oct 10 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
Americans won the war single handedly and all Nazis/Germans were and still are pure EVIL!

3CorsaMeal

13th Oct 10 at 10:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see loads of people dressing like Osama Bin Laden and no one blinks an eye about that
SetH

13th Oct 10 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
i see loads of people dressing like Osama Bin Laden and no one blinks an eye about that

FROFLZ
Nath

13th Oct 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul

Steve
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see some old man in the news was selling a retro version of the board game Risk that was based on WW2 it had the Nazi symbol on the box but it was deleted off ebay and told he cant sell it.

MoesTavern

13th Oct 10 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

So the Waffen SS didn't take part in any massacres of Jews? Do me a favour.
Steve
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but who cares? in this instance anyway, its just a reenactment, it was war, sick and twisted deaths occur on both sides, people reenact the battle of worcester here, dressing up as people that probably committed terrible murders, but thats what happens in a field of war
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
13th Oct 10 at 15:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By that logic, no American soldier should be able to even get dressed in the morning in to their uniform because generally, the day before, their colleagues in that uniform have been killing people.
MoesTavern

13th Oct 10 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True, it does seem that dressing up like a Nazi will earn you instant condemnation from just about anyone so I fail to see why people are suprised about this. not saying it's right, it's just the way it is.

Dressing up as Stalin or Mao should have people recoiling in horror and calling you sick, but for some reason it's only the Nazi's that provoke that particular reaction.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » that American Senator, sacked for dressing like a nazi... 23 database queries in 0.0124791 seconds