corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » staling help + speedo cable broke ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author staling help + speedo cable broke ?
painner

User status: Offline
13th Oct 10 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi hope this in right place i wonder if anyone can help car in last week has come up with two faults first is sometimes it stalls when slowing to a stationary position ( traffic lights ) it seems to tick over nice and steady but noticed that a few times a day if i have to break hardish when the revs r high the rev counter goes right down and stalls some times it picks back up and goes to normall revs it dont seem to drive lumpy or no over signs that anything is wrong and the second fault is looks like speedo cable has broke as stopped working a freind that knows abit says very unusall that a speed cable will break so be fore i invest in new one or strip dash apart would like to ask is there any other thing it could be that will stop the speedo from working many thanks my car is a corsa b 1998 14i sport 16v
daveybee

13th Oct 10 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a possible air leak causin it to stall
Phillips_91

13th Oct 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a 98 sport would normally be an electric speedo
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

13th Oct 10 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, it should be an electronic speedo, but from memory, the ECU uses the speed feed from the speedo to determine when the engine needs to be idling.

Therefore, if the speedo is broken, the engine will stall.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what may be wrong with the speedo itself I'm afraid.
painner

13th Oct 10 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok ty well atleast its looking better 1 fault is always better than two lol many thanks
painner

13th Oct 10 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS all sorted once you said was electric and both faults were rearly one i went out and see the cigarette lighter wasnt working as well checked up and see was same circuit number 18 ( 20 amp yellow ) replaced and all works well thanks to members for all advice
Phillips_91

13th Oct 10 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No problem, glad its sorted... electrical problems always seem to be the easiest fix yet never obvious

New Poll