corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C16XE Rocker cover gasket

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C16XE Rocker cover gasket
Oli_p

User status: Offline
24th Oct 10 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think my rocker cover gasket has gone and is causing oil to seap into spark plug holes. just wondering if the cam cover seal in this kit would be good and cheap way to sort this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Opel-1-6-16v-C16XE-Corsa-Tigra-Head-Gasket-Set-/180577637040?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0b4412b0
AlexW

24th Oct 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thin black lines in them are the rocker cover gaskets.

If your careful, you could use sealant on the gasket, along the bottom that goes onto the head (Most likly where its leaking)
Oli_p

24th Oct 10 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, knew that but thought for the money i could just use the rocker gasket in the kit. ive noticed rocker gasket alone for £15, but as this is £5 cheaper just wondering if its worth a try or should i just get the £15 one that comes on its own?? neither are gen vaux so doubt it would matter which?
Oli_p

24th Oct 10 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also anyone know if c20let plugs would be ok to use in this engine or are the plugs diff size?
sxibeast

24th Oct 10 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The gapping on the plugs may be different between the two! But can easily be re-gapped!
Oli_p

24th Oct 10 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool think the plugs could do with being changed anyways specially after being drenched in oil and got a pretty much new set of c20let plugs in the garage i might aswell use

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C16XE Rocker cover gasket 23 database queries in 0.0104070 seconds