corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x14xe into a 1litre 3 cylinder

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14xe into a 1litre 3 cylinder
sri_baby

User status: Offline
28th Oct 10 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi there ive got a 3 cylinder corsa at the min and im a corsa sport up on saturday which failed its mot and the owner couldnt aford to repair it so i got it for the engine and what not, i know ill have to change the loom suspension driveshafts brake ect but was wondering how hard it will be ???? and what time scale will i be looking at as i need the car for work, ive got the tools for the job and before i fit it ill be doing cam belt water pump may even do head gasket for piece of mind as the engines done 117k and could i use my steering rack or will i have to put the power steering rack on ???? many thanks
AlexW

28th Oct 10 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No need to fit the pas setup although your need a new lower alternator bracket for the tensioner for the belt.

Not tempted to have PAS though?

Other than that, thats all the problems i can think of atm.

Time-scale, If you need the car, it will take longer, something always comes up! Budget 2 weeks to iron out any problems, but the whole engine out/loom out and back in could be done in 3 days imo.
sri_baby

28th Oct 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like ill b bookin sum time off work lol wont b doin it till after xmas as 4 the loom is it just the dash ill need t take out or the whole thing ????
Dobbaz

28th Oct 10 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty big job that, i did a 12v to gsi engine, ended up changing whole car nearly!
sri_baby

28th Oct 10 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i no it will be a biggish job but ive put a fair bit of money into my corsa and ill that stands is the engine but i think it will be worth it will i have to change the whole loom or just the dash loom
jaybee91

28th Oct 10 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not that big of a job shunt take more than a week

New Poll