corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Air leak on lexmaul inlet - what goes here?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Air leak on lexmaul inlet - what goes here?
Generation

User status: Offline
1st Nov 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I fitted lexmul last week, been driving normally. I noticed some gains, but not as much as was execting checked coolant earlier, and noticed a hiss with engin running.
After further inspection, I noticed was coming from one of conecton on inlet (pictured) however this is abit more confusing as quite aloit of hoses/vacumms were rmeoved before fitting engine (over a year ago) and always has run great!

[Edited on 01-11-2010 by Generation]
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

1st Nov 10 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There should be a small plastic pipe coming from the brake vacuum line IIRC, and that is joined to the outlet you've pictured by a 'u' shaped rubber pipe.
Generation

1st Nov 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the vacumn line with bolts on to side of inlet? seen in very top right pic?

[Edited on 01-11-2010 by Generation]
Generation

1st Nov 10 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(this is a pic of it unbolted, can see one connection has nothing on it)

Stu_22

1st Nov 10 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there should be a vac hose going from the tank vent valve(in the last pic which can be bolted to the side of the Lexmaul)
to the Lexmaul
Generation

1st Nov 10 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As suspected easy fix then Just got to wait for dad to bring some tubing home from work, seeing as I can't leave the house/driveway!

Thanks all, ill update when done. Should I see an increase in power? the valve on inlet nearly sucked my finger in!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Air leak on lexmaul inlet - what goes here? 23 database queries in 0.0097492 seconds