corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x16xe cambelt tensioner bolt question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe cambelt tensioner bolt question
SRI-LEE

User status: Offline
1st Nov 10 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys got bit of a query seems vauxhalls tensioner bolts are made out of chocalate and the heads just round off,i now need a new one iv taken the old one to a local fabricator place, and they gave me the bolt pictured, the only difference is it doesnt have that smooth bit like the original,now it fits perfectly and works in the tensioner just as it should,is there any reason for that flat bit on the vauxhall bolt or should i be ok with this bolt? many thanks for any help lee

dean101287

1st Nov 10 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just a shoulder, the origional bolts from vauxhall are under a pound each anyway if you wanted to change it
SRI-LEE

1st Nov 10 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the new bolt i got should be ok just i have it here? or should i get one from vauxhall didnt realise you could get them seperatly thanks mate
shaunmods
Premium Member

1st Nov 10 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you get another one from Vauxhall make sure its not one with the torx head on it mate. They are shocking. Pretty sure they do them with a hex head as well so thats the one to go for

[Edited on 01-11-2010 by shaunmods]
Stu_22

1st Nov 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the originals are hex head

If the torx ones do round then the head can be ground off take the tensioner off and the bolt is then just finger tight
AlexW

1st Nov 10 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The new bolt you have looks to be a screw head?!

Pop to vauxhall imo.
SRI-LEE

1st Nov 10 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il go to vauxhall then,yeah it is iv got the right bit for it though,il ring vauxhall up tomorrow and order one then i know its right thanks for the info guys
Stu_22

1st Nov 10 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure it just a standard M8 thread
SRI-LEE

2nd Nov 10 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got a new one from vauxhall today thanks guys

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » x16xe cambelt tensioner bolt question 23 database queries in 0.0060019 seconds