corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How do you rate these tyres?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do you rate these tyres?
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Nov 10 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had it checked several times, checked the suspension, track rod ends, everything. Had new Yoko's put on the back and the old Michelins put on the front, Michelins were low on tread anyway but didn't go bald on the inside like the Toyos.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

4th Nov 10 at 14:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
F1s are immense, closely followed by the Rainsports.

Personally, I thought the F1's were much better than the Rainsports, and actually think the Kumho KU31's I had on the Corsa and now on the vRS are somewhere in between. I was very dubious to try them but bit the bullet after reading a couple of reviews. I'm glad I did, really rate them for value for money!
alan-g-w

4th Nov 10 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Originally posted by vaux.dan
i had toyo proxie 4's on my corsa

supposed to be better than tr-1's
they were good but in the wet you could feel it sliding
Proxes 4 are awful tyres, never any grip and wear out insanely quickly. S-drives on the other hand are the complete opposite.

Had S-drive son my old Corsa for roughly 6000 miles, bought with the wheels as nearly new, still had tons of tread left when I sold the car. The Toyo's were 2 weeks old on my C when I bought it in January and had to get them changed in May as the insides were going bald.

maybe your tracking is needing set?

Probably not mate, they're soft as shite. To be fair I didn't give them a very easy life, but I went through a pair of T1-Ss on the front of the corsa in about 2 or 3 months if that.

And I strongly agree with Daveskater, proxes 4s are terrible for what they are. Not too bad in the dry, but as soon as I met a roundabout in the wet they turned into ditch magnets. I've actually never experienced another tyre so bad in the wet, even with budgets - the slightest touch of throttle going round a bend in the wet and it'd feel like I was literally driving on glass.
Nic Barnes

5th Nov 10 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

toyo stuff is a mid range budget tyre really. i think people rave on about them as they are cheap perhaps? ive used them on a few cars and always thought they were a bit pants.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Nov 10 at 02:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have used toyo t1-s and t1-r's for about 6 years

i think they are a good tyre, i get plenty of grip in wet and dry
8vcorsa

5th Nov 10 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im getting p6000 now :/ i just hope they are better than wanli like and something else and avons but my mate swears by proxies he had some on his corsa sport and it gripped the road like glue even in wet he said and my bros m8 has proxies on his volvo and he says they grip well in wet and dry aswell and my other m8 has yoko s-drives on his clio 1.8 16v but he aint got that on the road yet just needs mot and tracking done onit
davieslim

5th Nov 10 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive fitted uniroyals to all my mates cars, a mix of the old rainsports, rainsport 2's and rain experts, all 3 of them seemed to be pretty good
Daveskater
Premium Member

5th Nov 10 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Originally posted by vaux.dan
i had toyo proxie 4's on my corsa

supposed to be better than tr-1's
they were good but in the wet you could feel it sliding
Proxes 4 are awful tyres, never any grip and wear out insanely quickly. S-drives on the other hand are the complete opposite.

Had S-drive son my old Corsa for roughly 6000 miles, bought with the wheels as nearly new, still had tons of tread left when I sold the car. The Toyo's were 2 weeks old on my C when I bought it in January and had to get them changed in May as the insides were going bald.

maybe your tracking is needing set?

Probably not mate, they're soft as shite. To be fair I didn't give them a very easy life, but I went through a pair of T1-Ss on the front of the corsa in about 2 or 3 months if that.

And I strongly agree with Daveskater, proxes 4s are terrible for what they are. Not too bad in the dry, but as soon as I met a roundabout in the wet they turned into ditch magnets. I've actually never experienced another tyre so bad in the wet, even with budgets - the slightest touch of throttle going round a bend in the wet and it'd feel like I was literally driving on glass.
Exactly mate When it was raining I literally couldn't pull away without getting at least a bit of wheelspin. It makes me laugh that the little blurb thing on tyre websites tells you that they're good in all conditions and very good in the wet, when in actual fact it's the complete opposite

People need to be more specific when saying they're used Proxes tyres, seeing as there are several types.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
tom130691
Premium Member

6th Nov 10 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

195 50 15
toyo proxies cost me £130 delivered
sdrives were 190ish
alan-g-w

6th Nov 10 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'll notice a price jump between 50 profiles and 45s though
Ben G

6th Nov 10 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need 50 profile 195/15's as i have the same problem with cheap shit tyres in the wet.

i went around a roundabout last night, albeit soaking wet, and i had no feel whatsoever, could only feel the back end trying to escape, which it did
am4nf

6th Nov 10 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye 50's are a lot cheaper
Ben G

6th Nov 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

puma's use 50's rather than 45's
am4nf

6th Nov 10 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/195-50-15-UNIROYAL-RAINSPORT2-82V-PAIR-TYRES-/190456819219?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL&hash=item2c581c6e13

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » How do you rate these tyres? 24 database queries in 0.0127020 seconds