corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » not vauxhall...but french? winter run about? well.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author not vauxhall...but french? winter run about? well.......
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Nov 10 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This why I need someone who nos what to look at? And for how cheap I can get it I would rather pay for the repair? Then a reshell, so say a jig 3-500 + rear quarter? same again for respray? I'm hoping it cheap
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Nov 10 at 12:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally I would probably take that on, it's worth a few grand fixed and if he's talking about a few hundred then if you can do most of the work yourself you're on the right side of it.

This all assumes that you're happy taking the work on and also have sufficient extra money to pay to fix it.

If you're just going to go to a bodyshop and ask them to sort it out, bear in mind the insurance company have already tried that and decided against it when they saw the quote.

And therefore the car is categorised and therefore worth less on the open market. Get out of your head straight away making thousands of pounds doing some minor work and spending the odd day on it because that isn't the reality of it.

Be aware of all the factors involved and don't underestimate the repair - its grands done properly - but don't turn down a cheap car with a bit of a story.

And may I be the first to say it would probably make a bonzar track car.

[Edited on 07-11-2010 by Ian]
22B

7th Nov 10 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Personally I would probably take that on, it's worth a few grand fixed and if he's talking about a few hundred then if you can do most of the work yourself you're on the right side of it.

This all assumes that you're happy taking the work on and also have sufficient extra money to pay to fix it.

If you're just going to go to a bodyshop and ask them to sort it out, bear in mind the insurance company have already tried that and decided against it when they saw the quote.

And therefore the car is categorised and therefore worth less on the open market. Get out of your head straight away making thousands of pounds doing some minor work and spending the odd day on it because that isn't the reality of it.

Be aware of all the factors involved and don't underestimate the repair - its grands done properly - but don't turn down a cheap car with a bit of a story.

And may I be the first to say it would probably make a bonzar track car.

[Edited on 07-11-2010 by Ian]

Would make a lovely track car with a few additions, would love to hear the 180 engine on throttle bodies, as the induction sound when standard is superb.
kev
Premium Member

7th Nov 10 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Ian I don't want to take it to make cash on it, it's the low milage and would be a shame to break I wanted to take it on as a project to be honest?! As said for how cheap I can get it I would mind getting it fixed?! And the red ones are rare? So at a cheap decent repair we talking about a grand? More are less?? P.s I no it's hard to go off a picture
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Nov 10 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's no such thing as a cheap decent repair.

Repaired properly I would probably price that at least 2 grand.

Are you able to do any of it yourself?
am4nf

7th Nov 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy it and break it
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Nov 10 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy it and track it tbh.

Or sell it to me and I'll do the same.
kev
Premium Member

7th Nov 10 at 13:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
There's no such thing as a cheap decent repair.

Repaired properly I would probably price that at least 2 grand.

Are you able to do any of it yourself?

I'm no good at body repairs? Wel I can stripe the easy parts am ok with little repairs it's the rear quarter damage that's the hard part? I can source the parts new rear quarter, rear bumper, paint it's just the repair I'm stuck on and it's not worth putting two in to it :O

May just have to break it be a real shame though..
Ian W

7th Nov 10 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was you I would just break it and make a few quid.
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Nov 10 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll definitely profit from breaking it if you can get it for a few hundred. The wheels alone are worth that before you've even taken the engine and interior out. I would guess 400 for each of those.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

7th Nov 10 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the use of a 206 gti during the snow this year and it did rather well. If you can just repair it and use it through the winter for as little as poss then do it. Can always break it after winter. I'd just pull it out and make sure the light stays in. Can have fun in the snow then

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Tomnova16
Premium Member

7th Nov 10 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And bugger reshelling it. All the bolts will be rusty as fook and not worth the hassle

Tomnova16
Premium Member

7th Nov 10 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just tie it to a post. Drive forward and you're sorted

Mark.W

7th Nov 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a lot of work kev tbh,

If you can get it very cheap id just break it tbh mate.
DaveyLC

7th Nov 10 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
Just tie it to a post. Drive forward and you're sorted

Flinstones stylee!

As tom says get some decent chain and have someone mig a plate and ring onto the center of the impact.. Find a nice solid post and bobs your mothers brother!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » not vauxhall...but french? winter run about? well....... 24 database queries in 0.4692872 seconds