corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » help!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author help!!
dan_16sport

User status: Offline
   9th Nov 10 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my saxo vts keeps cutting out at high revs,my eml is on and i checked this on the diagnostic which tells me its the lamba sensor after the cat.I have a decat pipe on it so would this cause the light to come on and would this cause the car to cut out?i also have a feeling it could be the alternator as after 4000 revs the battery light flashes until i ease of the throttle,i have checked alternator with the volt meter and its charging at 13v.....but could the high revs put strain on the alternator and then cause the car to cut out?

anyone got any idea?
mike56gte

9th Nov 10 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the alternator stopped working it would take a while for it to cut out as it would still run off the battery

[Edited on 09-11-2010 by mike56gte]
dan_16sport

9th Nov 10 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mike
mike56gte

9th Nov 10 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dan_16sport
cheers mike

my alternator packed in on my astra and didnt realise untill my wipers slowed down then the cd player cut out then the fuel, temp gauges stoped working then eventually cut out but probably ran for a while before that.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » help!! 23 database queries in 0.2448831 seconds