corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tuition Fees March - Millbank Tower

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tuition Fees March - Millbank Tower
ste_p23

User status: Offline
11th Nov 10 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What in prancing around like a ponce with a camera?
CorsAsh

11th Nov 10 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Industrial Design BSc and Biomedical Engineering PhD. Not some mickey mouse course.
ste_p23

11th Nov 10 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Industrial Design BSc and Biomedical Engineering PhD. Not some mickey mouse course.
. Another narrow minded prick appears?
CorsAsh

11th Nov 10 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, it's hard to tell where your shoulder finishes and the chip begins. I simply meant that Ed's done some pretty intensive work.

However you seem to believe that I was inferring that your course is a mickey mouse course... which leads me to believe that it's not the first time you've heard it. Apologies if I've touched a nerve, go do some cash flow analyses to take your mind off it.
ste_p23

11th Nov 10 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More of a marketing person tbh and no ive not heard that before,however i am sick of people stereo typing students! We are not all lazy lay about drunks who dont work and do micky mouse courses to pass 3 years!
random dav
Premium Member

11th Nov 10 at 00:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good on the students. Just hope something gets sorted for the public sector, etc. This dickhead government is taking the piss

WRLFC !

Project cars
deano87

11th Nov 10 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lolz at the recent outbursts.

I did a mickey mouse degree. Marketing and Media Practices.

I stayed at home, knuckled down, got a 1st Class with Honors and now run a marketing department for one of the countries leading independent storage systems suppliers.

That said, I only earn £17k plus commission because the company was within £7k of shutting down. That was when I offered to go down to minimum wage when I was working there part time.

Undoubtedly there are mickey mouse courses out there. But we're not all cunts.
ed

11th Nov 10 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Ash
Ojc

11th Nov 10 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Think they need to learn that you don't get something for nothing and that short term pain will lead to long term gains. Fools.

This is EXACTLY how I feel you have summed it up perfectly for me. If you want to go onto higher education and get somewhere in life, expect to have to pay for it at the start. I hope tuition fee rise will mean that the ones that just go to get pissed and waste tax payers money no longer bother their arse.
mwg

11th Nov 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate students.
Dom

11th Nov 10 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There won't be a decrease in students attending university as the student loan will probably cover majority, if not all, of the fee’s anyway. The issue is the government deciding to cut 30% (think that's the figure) of universities budget which is completely mind boggling - Pay more in fee's but your university will cut back on resources.

If you're going to increase the fee's put that increase back into higher education or at least don't cut the current budget!!
CorsAsh

11th Nov 10 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by ed
Think they need to learn that you don't get something for nothing and that short term pain will lead to long term gains. Fools.

This is EXACTLY how I feel you have summed it up perfectly for me. If you want to go onto higher education and get somewhere in life, expect to have to pay for it at the start. I hope tuition fee rise will mean that the ones that just go to get pissed and waste tax payers money no longer bother their arse.

I think a lot of the problems arise from people being funnelled into a degree. The entire system pushes every 6th Form student to go to university, regardless of the course. Which is why courses like "Media Studies" exist.

It's wrong to have a problem with anyone who knows what career they want to follow and must complete a degree to be suitably qualified for their future job.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tuition Fees March - Millbank Tower 24 database queries in 0.0153599 seconds