corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Does anyone here work at Sainsbury's?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Does anyone here work at Sainsbury's?
dannymccann

User status: Offline
14th Nov 10 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Havoc
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
You serious Lawrah?

They've got a deal on PS3's at the moment with 20% off. However, an employee will get a further discount on that.

I want to find an employee willing to let me use their discount to buy a cheap ps3

15% discount too, although said employee would get disciplined possibly sacked.

Bollocks! I used to do it all the time for mates at Tesco, not during working hours obviously, but when I wasnt working. Anything my family wanted from Tesco online as well for Christmas presents I would buy for them for them with 10% off. I still get my staff discount from Tesco, I only found out the other day when I bought something off there, Ive not worked there for a year now
Havoc
Banned

14th Nov 10 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
quote:
quote:
You serious Lawrah?

They've got a deal on PS3's at the moment with 20% off. However, an employee will get a further discount on that.

I want to find an employee willing to let me use their discount to buy a cheap ps3

Bollocks! I used to do it all the time for mates at Tesco, not during working hours obviously, but when I wasnt working. Anything my family wanted from Tesco online as well for Christmas presents I would buy for them for them with 10% off. I still get my staff discount from Tesco, I only found out the other day when I bought something off there, Ive not worked there for a year now

trust me, i know as ive seen it happen.
Jakey
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
I think Jakey does.

Pfft. I work for Waitrose.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
I'm curently drunk and trying to decide between
sleep
a wank then sleep
a strip club, wank then sleep

Tom

I went for sleep

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Matt L

14th Nov 10 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mum does
Doug

14th Nov 10 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Shop there occasionally, but find it expensive compared to other supermarkets.

Pikey.
Matt L

14th Nov 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
quote:
quote:
You serious Lawrah?

They can only really do it if its not the employee using the card or the second named person on the card so im led to believe, ie my dad can use her card but if i tried to use then my mum would get disciplined (sp) but if mum/dad are using it then she can buy what they want afaik cant see them having any way of coming at you for buying something for someone as you can easily say its a gift.
chr15barn3s

14th Nov 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to work for Sainsburys. A good mate of mine is head of the electrical dept for their biggest store. Still get the discount
Brett
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If the person that worked there went in and got it for whoever they'd never know ffs!
Marc

14th Nov 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will you be getting a PS3 for Christmas Brett?
ssj_kakarot

14th Nov 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
quote:

If the person that worked there went in and got it for whoever they'd never know ffs!

they hire forensic accountants specifically to look through what people have purchased on discount cards.

if any anomly pops up i.e. purchashing 3 tv's or a few ipods ect then the employee usually gets interviewed and asked whats going on.

its also against the company policy for you to purchase something on your card for someone else; obviously hard to prove, but your dicount card can be taken away from you for numerous reason, one being over use.

seriously read into your contract if you work in a supermarket its pretty shocking.

Jakey
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've purchased tons of stuff from John Lewis using my discount card and never been checked.
Ant

14th Nov 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can confirm supermarkets can detect misuse if discount cards iv seen it pickup 1 card being asociated with 5 payment cards which led to an investigation as did the purchase of 3 iPhones over a 3 month period. They use fraud detection software.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Does anyone here work at Sainsbury's? 24 database queries in 0.0138710 seconds