corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine dilemma

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine dilemma
GTM

User status: Offline
14th Nov 10 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently have a 1100 Mk2 fiesta. Want to give it a bit more punch so ive decided to fit a 1.6 cvh. Torn between two engine though. Speaking to one chap on a ford website he has a 1.6 cvh rebuilt 8k a go, it has kent cams twin webber carbs and ashley exhaust system from manifold to tip. Sounds great but ive found just the engine brand new, genuine ford service part with zero miles on it for a good price. New engine would cost alot more in the longrun as id have to get a box,manifold, exhaust etc but id have the peace of mind of a brand new engine but on the other hand id have everything i need bar a new radiator and a faster car for less money. Not sure what to do, opinions welcome.
daymoon
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you plan to keep the car for long time go for new engine.
Eck
Premium Member

14th Nov 10 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd go for the rebuilt one. Because it'll sound better and be quicker. And reliability is the least of my concerns when it comes to motors.
Limecat
Banned

14th Nov 10 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rebuilt one, the other is worth fuck all once you have put some miles on it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Engine dilemma 23 database queries in 0.1268148 seconds