corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Something is wrong...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Something is wrong...
Daveyroo

User status: Offline
15th Nov 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I have a 1.4 SRi Corsa B, and i just dont know what is wrong with it. At first i thought it might be the head gasket on the way out, but its not leaking from there. Its under the head, and you can see where someone has tried to seal it before, there is a small amount of oil leaking out every now and then. Although i think it may need a new head g as well because somehow a small amount of water gets into the oil (iv seen milkyness twice over the past month). It also seems a bit down on power, and after iv taken it for a long drive (Or i drive fast) it ticks really loudly and sounds really low and rumbly (like a subaru).
Any ideas on what it is? im not great with cars as you can probably tell from my post
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Nov 10 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

headgasket failure
Gary
Premium Member

15th Nov 10 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveyroo
Hi, I have a 1.4 SRi Corsa B, and i just dont know what is wrong with it. At first i thought it might be the head gasket on the way out, but its not leaking from there. Its under the head, and you can see where someone has tried to seal it before, there is a small amount of oil leaking out every now and then. Although i think it may need a new head g as well because somehow a small amount of water gets into the oil (iv seen milkyness twice over the past month). It also seems a bit down on power, and after iv taken it for a long drive (Or i drive fast) it ticks really loudly and sounds really low and rumbly (like a subaru).
Any ideas on what it is? im not great with cars as you can probably tell from my post

Its fucked

Prob Headgasket as mark said
AlexW

16th Nov 10 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dave if you want il have a look at it at some point, You still speak to curt?
curtoise

16th Nov 10 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave i told you its the headgasket, just get the kit with the bolts and ile fit it for you, you still have the cambelt and water pump yeh?
its done high mileage so its gotta be done anyway. also headgaskets normally leak from the inside rather than onto the block, take the plugs out and look for oil deposits (black instead of the browny orange)

New Poll