corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Heater probs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Heater probs
valvebounce

User status: Offline
16th Nov 10 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,My Heater wont blow hot,the stats ok and there is no blockage in the Matrix.The head gasket was done about 1000 miles ago.The car runs fine and shows about 1\4 over on the Temp guage.The heater has not blown hot since the head gasket was done.[Air lock maybe?]or maybe the switch in the dash ?
Its got me beat,any ideas will be very gratefully recieved.
Kind regards
hazzacorsa

16th Nov 10 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try the wire under the dash that clips onto the heater box mine snapped and did not realise then a turned the wee lever and heat came back

or could be air lock
valvebounce

16th Nov 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Many thanks Hazzacorsa,have to have a meddle under the dash.
hazzacorsa

16th Nov 10 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no probs buddy let me know what it is
valvebounce

16th Nov 10 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll do that,have to be tomoz now,its gone too dark and cold.Just had the manual out and checked the procedure.Thanks for your trouble,I'll get back to you .
Edges 58

17th Nov 10 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coolant system prob wasnt bled properly, try that if the dash route seems fine!!
valvebounce

17th Nov 10 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the dsh out today,cable is working the lever on the matrix.Tried bleeding it at the Temperature sensor on the inlet manifold,seemed to blow some air out,did it 3 times,still no heat coming thro'.Do you know another way?The pipe on the nearside that goes into the matrix is getting warm,the pipe from the matrix to the inlet manifold is not warm.I dont have a rev counter,but I think the revs are more than they were on tickover,which leads me to thinking the auto choke isnt going fully off because there is no hot water getting to it.The car runs quite well,I have been to Cornwall and back in it after the head gasket was done.I have noticed there is a drip from the exhaust,but the water level doesnt change.Might be down to the change in the weather?Thanks for your reply.
valvebounce

20th Nov 10 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still having probs with no heat from heater,the fan and the temp control knob and connections to the matrix are ok.I suspect it wasnt bled properly when the head gasket was replaced.I have tried bleeding the system at the temperature sensor on the inlet manifold to no avail.How do you bleed the system,anybody know?I thought if I removed the heater pipe where it joins the inlet manifold and
made sure the reservoir was kept full it might bleed the air out of the matrix.Got any ideas anybody?Edges 58-do you know the correcy way to bleed the system?

New Poll