corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » egr valve

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author egr valve
JBH

User status: Offline
19th Nov 10 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi al i have a vauxhall corsa x reg 1.0 12v

i have had some problems with my egr valve and i have been to the scrap yards and tried a few other 1.0 ones on and still no joy, i was looking on ebay and came across an egr valve blanking plate which goes between the block and the egr valve its also got a cut out in it as i have a water pipe going into my egr so that the water can still get into the block, would i be able to just fit this straight on and keep the plug in, or will i need to take it to vauxhall and get them to put it on the computer to tell the ecu there is no longer an erg system so that the eml goes out

thanks for any help

ebay link
Ellis

20th Nov 10 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think you can do such with a standard ECU, you'll have to live with the EML on all the time.
richnovacorsa

21st Nov 10 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

unfortunately government says egr valves have to be there so vauxhall wont do anything. so u either block it off or buy a new one, i dont know bout unpluggin it

New Poll